2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

i hate fords

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i hate fords

guys, do i have a story for you... went mud boggin today near my college up in scranton, if anyone is familiar with carbon dale, viola. me and a few friends decided to go and we got there and began going at it, i went through **** i wasnt supposed. i mean deep, rutty, clay like coal-like mud... my little v6 was just red lining through the stuff. this kid in a ford f-250 powerstroke, went through one puddle almost got stuck, second time around, right into a hole in this pit and got stuck. mind you i went into the same hole and blasted through the ****. he gets stuck, literally the frame rails are planted in the dirt. i couldnt get him out, would of been amazing if i did. a kid with a 4.7 v8 durango couldnt get him either. called up another guy with a dually dodge cummins, nope. then another guy with a gmc duramax, that didnt even budge it. wrapped com-alongs to the stuck, by now sinking, powerstroke and the cummins and the duramax and tried winching him out that way but those just pulled the cummins and duramax backwards. then those 2 trucks at the same time tried pulling him, just budge the powerstroke an inch. called a tow truck, didnt work, had to get a wrecker to get this kid out. 4 hours to do this in 40 degree weather, sadly no pics but, the dumbass with the powerstroke is treating 10 guys to red lobster tomorrow, im excited ... il go take pics of my muddy dakota just to entertain you guys... i wish i got it filthier though

Old 11-15-2007, 04:56 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i hate fords

HAHA that fricken rocks! I will say though that a heavier truck isn't the best thing for mudding, you probably had a better chance getting through consideirng your truck is a lot smaller, so it won't sink as much. Still though, the idiot should know how to drive his truck at this point..

Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya, lighter is better, and knowing how to drive helps alot too

lets see some muddy pics!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:27 PM
f0x672
Champion

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q.../mud%20boggin/

heres some pics of my truck after i got home, only made 3 passes in the pits cause dumbass got stuck right after my 3rd pass... il try to get more tomorrow... whats sad though, the powerstroke was half way into the pit too. couldnt even back out of it... let alone dumbass didnt have the hubs locked at first, had to go into the water and lock the hubs for him... still didnt work

Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star

I wish i had friends that even had trucks never mind that would go off-road with me

But ya id say that a light truck with wide tires are your friend. Cant say as i have even managed to get my truck stuck in the mud, close but more gas fixed it

Old 11-15-2007, 10:33 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

mud proves nothing, still... glad ya had fun tho and yes fords do suck

Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
JBs DAK
Captain

Jeezzz, I don't hate Fords. Kinda like 'em for that matter.
Hate STUPID drivers, that's for sure. (REALLY HATE CHEBBY'S THOUGH)!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 AM
dapirate559
Professional

thats some nice looking mud. next time it rains here in cali im gonna show you come real mud.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:10 AM
DAK99OTA
Amateur

I'll never forget when my wifes ford was having problems and I took it to the mechanic and he tried everything to get that sucker running. He was pretty damn frustrated, I asked him if he knew what the problem was and he pointed to the emblem on the front and said " that's the f@#$ing problem". I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself. Needless to say we got rid of that sucker and I will never own one again....Fix Or Repair Daily.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Rustbelt Quad

Son brought this saying back from Wyotech "At least they knew enough to circle their mistake" (The ford emblem)

Quick Reply: i hate fords