2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

tranny fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:31 PM
richie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny fluid change

been reading alot here and have a question . first of all you guys have a great site here, im new. I bought my 2000 dakota 3.9 quad last year and have been reading about the tranny fliud and filter change. I always had a stick and changed my tranny every year. I do alot of beach driving. any way I was wondering, since I dont know exactly what the other owner did, should I leave it, or change it. I runs fine but I want to do the right service. Its been my experience that sometimes its better to leave it if your not sure how it was serviced unless you have problems. or should I do it to avoid future problems.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: tranny fluid change

rule of thumb change evertythong when you get a used vehicle, tranny, oil, anti freeze, diff oil, transfercase, plugs ect...

Old 12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would change all the fluids now. you never know if or when the old owner changed them.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
richie

thanx, thats what i wanted to do but wasnt sure about the tranny. changed all the others already. The one thing I do know about the truck is that it was dealer serviced since it was owned, all the recalls have been done and I wish I bought a dodge a long time ago.

Quick Reply: tranny fluid change