2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Advice on bumper and bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
geoffb123
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on bumper and bumper cover

So my front bumper is cracked at the bottom. I've wanted to get a new one but, the stillen ones are pretty nice, same with the street scene ones. But the only problem is that their the bumper covers and not the actual bumper. Should I just get the cover and put it overtop of my cracked one and leave it. Or get a new bumper? Im just curious as to what you guys would do in this situation.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 PM
5 speed
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Advice on bumper and bumper cover

well personally i think an aftermarket bumper cover on an otherwise stock truck looks out of place, youd need a roll pan and maybe a hood or a few other custom body touches to make it look right in my opinion besides i think the stock front end of a dakota looks great especially with the body color bumper and grille like whats on the R/T from the factory

Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 AM
geoffb123
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my front bumper was never painted when I got the truck, and I have the rock guard on the sidin so it looks just messed, its the same color as the bumper. Should I just get a bumper cover, to cover the crappy one thats cracked, or just get a brand new bumper then the cover? Would it make much of a difference if I just covered it with one of the street scene ones, or a stillen bumper cover. I just don't wannt screw up. Also I was lookin into gettin a roll pan, I already have the aftermarket tail lights and healights, and the hood scoops. So the bumper and roll pan is whats next on the agenda

Old 12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like street scene. they are made out of urathane. stillen is fiber glass, so it will crack easy.

Quick Reply: Advice on bumper and bumper cover