2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

4.7 vs 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:29 PM
theONLYr/t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4.7 vs 5.9

NOOOOO!!! Dare you destroy my narrow little world of disbelief??? Well, when the dude in the r/t floors it (ignorantly) and spins the tires for a good second longer than the little motor guy I would agree that the 4.7 has the power to keep that lead through the stretch. However, if the question is 4.7 vs 5.9, well it's hands down. With less than 600 bucks you can make that (naturally aspirated) 5.9 a monster, almost incapable of being caught by a naturally aspirated 4.7 with all the mods on the market. THEN when it comes to forced induction, I LOVE how Mr. Mopar left the 5.9 at a low compression. So whether your talking stock racing, modded racing, towing, sound, reliablility, or potential... the 5.9 takes them all.

By the way, Ramfan, Kenne Belle on a stock 5.9 is a good candidate for mid 13's unless you boost over 9psi which I WOULDN'T recommend on a stock 5.9 OR if you go with some other mods (mostly intake manifold and a well functional exaust, not just a noisy one) along with the 6-7 psi Kenne, then you got 12's all day long. If you ever take that crap manifold off and look at it, it's a wonder that ANY air gets to the engine.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:42 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHA. I understand where you're coming from. If you can give me an email, I'll scan them and shoot you a copy. If you think about it though, it makes sense when you consider the difference in torque. The 360 can't help but smoke 'em. Put some DOT drag tires or slicks on, then it's an entirely different story.

Old 12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
theONLYr/t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ric_gardner@hotmail.com This is gonna suck!!!