2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2004 Dakota steering problems AGAIN !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 11:21 PM
Viper01
Default RE: 2004 Dakota steering problems AGAIN !!!

Well, for my luck my Dakota's lease comes up this fall. I've been thinking of handing it back and going back to Ford. Had a extended-cab w/ full size bed that lasted 15 years without any unexpected problems, this is my first Dodge. If this is the way Dodge builds things, maybe I should just "Dodge This" and go get me a Ford Super Duty when the lease is up.

Old 05-27-2008 | 11:22 PM
Viper01

ORIGINAL: mikec04

Dealer says "That's Normal"? Ask him how much money the engineer makes to design it that way. It's unbeleivable that an engineer would make a steering system act that way. You mean that they actually paid a person to design it like that? He's a genius and not nearly making enough.
Tell the dealer's (dis)service manager any or all of the above. I garuntee that you will get a response. If it's not a favorable one, start going up the food chain.
Even better, by them admiting that they "Design it that way" they're admitting to sabotaging what they sell. A lawyer would LOVE that.

Old 05-27-2008 | 11:47 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

wow
stealerships strike again

ive noticed that with my truck now...in the morning my stearing is very stiff and i drive it like 15 miles and the pump starts houling and making a low pitched humming sound i think the pump is goin out b/c it hasnt evermade that sounduntill i put mytwenties on!!!oh and your complaining that you truck has only 30,000 miles and is having issues....mine has 180,000 plus and is now starting to show its inner ugly not to be an *** but i would say that you bought a late blooming lemon

Quick Reply: 2004 Dakota steering problems AGAIN !!!