2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

dodge service issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:25 AM
bomrat
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dodge service issue

hi guys and gals. just asking some advice.

i took my 03 dakota r/t into for service last month. i had excessive play in the front hubs. the service center said that i had bad hubs and knuclkes (spindles)... they said that they coulnt find a set of spindles anyware in the us so the would source them... 2 days later they said that my truck was ready. cool i also had them realign the front end. right after picking up the truck i took it over and got new tires installed. now i am getting the same thing, the truck is ramdomly pulling left or right and the right wheel knocks when you hit a bump. same symptoms as before. i am going to jack up the truck in the morning to check play. before i took it into the shop i replaced all the ball joints and tie rod ends, so i know its not any of the suspension. I seriously doubt the hubs have worn under 2000 miles.

what are my options... the service reciept that i have states they replaced 2 spindles, 2 hubs, 5 lug nuts..

thanks

Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
00DakR/T
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dodge service issue

Although I don't think they would cause a pull left or right, I do know that the newer caravans have a problem with the front sway bar bushings and end links causing a knock in the front when you go over bumps. When they are bad, they have no obvious signs of wear, but still make noise.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:02 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Maybe the problem was the ball joints.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
4x4kota
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can't find the problem take it to the place that did the work and tell them that the problem is still there and you want it checked for free. If they "find something" that they want you to pay for, have a look yourself and make sure that there is a problem, not them just guessing and trying to swindle more money from you.

Quick Reply: dodge service issue