2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tranny Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Canadian Fijian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Problem

when i shift tp drive or reverse from park, as well as from reverse to drive and vice versa, there is a loud whirring/grinding noise then you can a thunk. I just had my tranny flushed and the fluid changed but what could it be. And how can i fix it?

Old 03-26-2008, 06:16 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tranny Problem

Might be your torque converter and the the ujoint.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:48 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

moe in wichita ks
have your trans man check the check valvein the collent/lube line,it holds junk and stops the folw oftrans fuild. i think it is at the rad. one dude on this forum had it just removed. if you have good trany man get him to put a shift kit in and put two qts of rear end grease in the trany.

direct your trans questions to
email orders: parts@areds.com
they will know the answer to ANY question you have, and the best parts. 90% of ALL trans shops get there parts from a & reds. i have known these people from the late 60s, they are honest.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: moe7404

moe in wichita ks
have your trans man check the check valve in the collent/lube line, it holds junk and stops the folw of trans fuild. i think it is at the rad. one dude on this forum had it just removed. if you have good trany man get him to put a shift kit in and put two qts of rear end grease in the trany.

direct your trans questions to
email orders: parts@areds.com
they will know the answer to ANY question you have, and the best parts. 90% of ALL trans shops get there parts from a & reds. i have known these people from the late 60s, they are honest.
Im the one who had it removed. No problems yet. But they cause more problems then save...

Quick Reply: Tranny Problem