2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

front driveshaft....help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:04 AM
sgratto96
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front driveshaft....help!!

okay so tonite i was wheeling my truck and my front driveshaft got stuck on something hard, maybe a rock? anyways there is a bell looking piece on the transfer case that spins the front driveshaft and it is mangled so that it clanks really loud when i drive and my 4x4 is disabled. i can rotate the drive shaft by hand cuz it has been mangled out of place. what is this bell looking part called? and how hard is it to replace, how expensive etc. thanks!

Old 04-05-2008, 03:36 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: front driveshaft....help!!

well thats your front pumpkin, thats not gonna be cheap unless you go to a junkard and pull one and do it yourself, you might as well stop driving the truck til it gets fixed cause prolonged use of it, can put strain on your t-case and transmission possibly wiping out the t-case and/or tranny, and most likely cause other front end issues

Old 04-06-2008, 12:53 AM
sgratto96
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: front driveshaft....help!!

well i was looking under it and im 99% sure its the flange on the transfer case that the driveshaft connects to. so im pulling it out to order a new flange and make sure theres nothing else damaged

Quick Reply: front driveshaft....help!!