2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Ram Air hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 03:32 PM
chris1974
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ram Air hood

I dont know...in my opinion, unless you have really built up the top end to flow some serious air, I dont think you would see that much as far as gains go. If you have a stock intake and TB that are already flowing at thier max capacity, I dont think raming air is going to do much good- expecially at highway speeds. I think you would have to cram alot more air in there before you see gians.....but like i said, this is just my opinion. I may be wrong.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Spike300
Professional

yea i taled to the gy with the yellow dak. i fgure if i use the cruise controls from the newer rams i could keep cruise but i would have to figure a way to mount them though

Old 04-25-2008, 06:57 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Spike300

yea i taled to the gy with the yellow dak. i fgure if i use the cruise controls from the newer rams i could keep cruise but i would have to figure a way to mount them though
I would use the buttons and do like a cool interior set up for that But once you have that I would setup the normal one for audio controls or something along those lines...

Old 04-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Spike300
Professional

thats prob what im going to do, i migh just use the whole steering wheel

Old 04-25-2008, 11:29 PM
scandal669
Veteran

ORIGINAL: chris1974

I dont know...in my opinion, unless you have really built up the top end to flow some serious air, I dont think you would see that much as far as gains go. If you have a stock intake and TB that are already flowing at thier max capacity, I dont think raming air is going to do much good- expecially at highway speeds. I think you would have to cram alot more air in there before you see gians.....but like i said, this is just my opinion. I may be wrong.
you dont have to have a built engine to reap benefits of a clean and cold air intake, any engine craves air and a stock engine is no different. the stock intake is restrictive, we all know that because people put on aftermarket intakes and get improvements.you can strap on a k&n intake and get improvments, so why couldnt you take it a step further and get cold air from a functional hood scoop? from top to bottom it will do nothing but good.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM
chris1974
Veteran

I think maybe i wasn't clear about my point. I was referring more to air volume, rather than air temp.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Spike300
Professional

i want the ram air hood because im eventually going to do the infamous hemi swap and it will be ram air

Old 04-29-2008, 02:11 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a Suncoast Fiberglass Ram Air hood. Check my sig or gallery.

They have an option to give you heat vents on the hood and a optional Tube to connect to the stock air box so the air comes straight into the scoops and into the airbox..

I didnt use that, only becuase i didnt like the Stock airbox style. So I put in a AEM CA Intake and the Hole in the hood for the air to exscape goes right notop of the Filter.. so i get a bit cooler air sucked in.. but mostly its for looks.

IF i was you, i would get a K&N Round Filter to sit ontop of the TB and get a Cowl Induction hood.. it would work alot better.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:19 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

Or get the direct throttle body scoops that go through the hood, and give you some nice cold air...

Quick Reply: Ram Air hood