2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Quick Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
JasonA
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quick Exhaust Question

Thanks Batman. You can clearly see the 3 or 4 triangular baffles inside. Based on that picture, mine is clearly the original 40 series.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 PM
JasonA
Veteran

ORIGINAL: rpowell

Why would it cause you to lose low-end?
In theory, bolt-ons that would raise horsepower necessarily do it at a higher RPM, and sometimes low-end torque is lost in favor of high-end power. I've noticed this with air filters. Perhaps the exhaust has had this effect also. If so, the 5.2L is REALLY grunty, because it gets out of Dodge, so to speak,pretty dadgum quick...and that's with 50-lb 32" tires.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:32 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JasonA

ORIGINAL: rpowell

Why would it cause you to lose low-end?
In theory, bolt-ons that would raise horsepower necessarily do it at a higher RPM, and sometimes low-end torque is lost in favor of high-end power. I've noticed this with air filters. Perhaps the exhaust has had this effect also. If so, the 5.2L is REALLY grunty, because it gets out of Dodge, so to speak, pretty dadgum quick...and that's with 50-lb 32" tires.
LOL, I can't wait for 1st gear with my dakota (Okay i got a bit lazy...) But I can burn the tires ALmost in 2nd, if I get some water she will burn... This is with 31's.

Quick Reply: Quick Exhaust Question