2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

HHO Fuel cell

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
rpowell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HHO Fuel cell

No just wrap the sensor/sensors themselves, this tells the ecu that your vehicle is running to rich and will lean it out, which is what you need with HHO or you won't get good results. You also put in a map controller (I'll be doing this next).
If you go to this site (yes you have to pay for the access, but worth it if you really start tinkering with this HHO stuff) you can get access to an extremely large database. The database has the books with several tested designs, marketplace where you can buy pre-built systems, user forum where hundreds of people share info, etc. it really takes a large amount of guess work out of the equation.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

this is on the outside of the sensor, right? you dont have to take the sensor out??

Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
rpowell
Veteran

Yep just wrap the outside with foil 5 to 7 times, no need to remove them. I am still checking into some other add-ons. I just made my supply line larger for the system and will post the results next week.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

is that the only mod you made besides the generator itself?? and you saw 6 mpg gains from the generator and wraping the O2 sensor??

Old 07-02-2008, 12:26 PM
rpowell
Veteran

First trial run, I wrapped the O2's, installed the HHO system and use Xylol (Xylene is an octane booster). I have learned that vehicles with an OBD II computer are a little tricky because it will adjust the computer and kill your gains, so there are a couple other modules I am going to play with and I have a SuperChips programmer that I am going to call the company on to find out which setting tells the computer to stay lean. Not sure how long this will take to get gains and keep them, but I will post my findings as they come up. Like I said before if you guys really want access to allot of data and products go to link I posted and sign up. There are a ton of people out there on the same hunting path and we share info daily.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Painless
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your results sound really promising rpowell.

I've heard that some people are moving away from the potassium hydroxide catalyst to simply putting distilled white vinegar in the unit as their electrolyte. I.e. *JUST* the vinegar, no distilled water. This apparently yields better HHO production than potassium hydroxide and distilled water.

Anyone else heard about this?

Old 07-06-2008, 07:39 AM
autofuelsaving

I installed one on my 2006 Sprinter 2500 cargo van and I got 15% saving on diesel - see my test results with pictures here- I wonder whether I can get better saving by wrapping with Al foil the MAF (mass air flow) sensor.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
smleblanc

Try and EFIE to lean out. I ordered mine here.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/

You need a dual for a Dakota. Only need to modify the two pre-cat sensors.

Cheers,
Shawn

Old 07-07-2008, 05:43 AM
autofuelsaving

I know EFIE and am even affiliate of their product. But Mike of their website says EFIE does not work well with the oxygen sensor on Dodge Sprinter as Sprinter uses a wide bandwidth sensor. Sprinter also has a MAF (mass air flow) sensor that controls the air/fuel ratio. I wonder if there is a product out there that can specifically deal with Sprinter's ECU to lean the fuel.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:34 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

there are plans for one floating around somewhere i think there is a link to them int he 2nd gen dakota HHO thread(not the DIY, the other one)

Quick Reply: HHO Fuel cell