2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

HO cams- thinking about 206's

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM
chris1974
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HO cams- thinking about 206's

So..I upgraded to the HO cams about 8 or 10 months ago. I am completely happy with the upgrade. Along with the CAI, Exhaust, Intake, and TB upgrade the engine runs ALOT better than it did when it was stock. And the engine seems to love it too!

On to my question....I am thinking about upgrading from the HO cams to the 206's from KRC. I was checking out some other Dakotas on YouTube, and ran across one with the 206's installed, and man....I was impressed. Has anyone installed the 206* cams in thier ride?? Just curious about how much more you can get outta the bigger cams? Wondering if it would have been worth the extra cash to get the bigger cams?? (That stimulus check I got yesterday is my Dakotas new best friend.) lol

Old 05-10-2008, 09:19 AM
mplue
Rookie
Default RE: HO cams- thinking about 206's

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but wondered if I could do it myself. Did you do the cam install yourself or have it done? How much time did it take?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:30 PM
chris1974
Veteran

I did it myself. I took the better part of a weekend, because I took my time. There are some really great write-ups on it if you do a search on google.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:16 PM
mplue
Rookie

Thanks for the info, what keywords did you search on to get the write ups?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:03 PM
DakinUK
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of 212X's in mine and really rate them. It took a long time for the EMC to realize what had been fitted, it went through a period of occasoinally stalling at traffic lights but now its sorted itself out it really flys. One bonus that I wasn't expecting is that she no longer needs priemium gas. Ever since Iinstalled the Performance tune off my Superchips programmer it would "ping" a little on full throttle, even with the highest octane available over here. Soon after fitting the cams there was short period when Super unleaded wasn't available in my area so I had to fill her up with Regular. Stayed on Regular ever since!
Go for it!

Quick Reply: HO cams- thinking about 206's