2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Good news

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
JCFChamp
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good news

Well after headache after headache, i received my insurance check the week before last(took 'em long enough, not to mention it was the end of January when the accident occurred. Dropped my truck off last week at the local dealership. Well i'm supposed to get it back Monday around lunchtime, would have been sooner if it wasn't for the fact that the baking room was having issues and they had to dry the paint manually. Not to mention "they weren't quite satisfied with the truck yet."

Hopefully it looks good as new, ready to move on. A week without the truck seemed like it would kill me . I think its about tune-up time, thinking maybe Accel ignition components, with NGK's(all the postive talk around the forums).

Old 05-11-2008, 12:56 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Good news

Napa Brass Cap and Rotor, Accel Coil, Talyer Wires, Autolite 3923's

cheaper and better...

Old 05-12-2008, 12:09 PM
JCFChamp
Rookie

Well once again, they have yet to finish[:@]. And now it should be tomorrow sometime...i hope. But anyways, does anyone here know about Accel plugs? Napa has a Accel ignition package for 89.99, plugs, wires, cap & rotor, etc.

In response to User2006, I'm guessing thats all what you run? I would think store brand wouldn't be so good, but i don't know much about Napa. More of Advance Auto guy.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:36 PM
JCFChamp
Rookie

Got the truck back today, looks almost better than when i got it originally. Only problem is...they forgot my 4x4 decals on the sides[:@]. While i was there i picked up a Mopar Cap & Rotor, and wires. They were just as much if not cheaper than Advance or Napa nearby. Went with NGK V-Powers for plugs. Anything particular i need to know before doing my tune-up? Haven't done one on a Dakota before, looks simple though.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JCFChamp

Got the truck back today, looks almost better than when i got it originally. Only problem is...they forgot my 4x4 decals on the sides[:@]. While i was there i picked up a Mopar Cap & Rotor, and wires. They were just as much if not cheaper than Advance or Napa nearby. Went with NGK V-Powers for plugs. Anything particular i need to know before doing my tune-up? Haven't done one on a Dakota before, looks simple though.
Nope, tune up is easy... Just follow the cap 1 and make sure wires are in the right order...

Old 05-15-2008, 07:53 AM
JCFChamp
Rookie

Quick question though. I've been reading aluminum caps and rotors are trash, is this true? Didn't exactly know why, since all they had when i purchased mine was the aluminum ones. Said they would have to order the brass.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JCFChamp

Quick question though. I've been reading aluminum caps and rotors are trash, is this true? Didn't exactly know why, since all they had when i purchased mine was the aluminum ones. Said they would have to order the brass.
Yea they can be. .. Brass conducts better.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
JCFChamp
Rookie

ORIGINAL: varsis

Yea they can be. .. Brass conducts better.
Oh, well i got everything put on ok. Runs better than it did, feels like i got a bit of power back. Everything on it was what came in it from the factory.

Quick Reply: Good news