2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

v8 Dakota Shroud

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v8 Dakota Shroud

Does anyone have a fan shroud they could find me for cheap, or has one for sale that is functional. I need one for a v8, 5.2 or 5.9 they are the same. I need that thin one... (97-99) Not the one with the wind washer fluid.

Chris

Old 05-16-2008, 12:59 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Default RE: v8 Dakota Shroud

No worries bought a brand new one off ebay for 56 + shipping... dealer wanted not sure how much but dealer cost is 300, because my friend could get it for me...

Old 05-16-2008, 02:21 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good ol ebay

Old 05-20-2008, 01:30 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

Yup, order some fogs too! Hopefully this shroud helps, it doesn't cool all that great.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:22 AM
JasonA
Veteran

Varsis, I wishI took a picture of my fan and clutch. Do you have the large fan clutch on yours or the smaller one? And how many blades does your fan have? Mine's a 9-blade fan with the HD clutch. It's the largest fan clutch I've seen, and I've never seen a 9-blade fan before on a light duty vehicle like this. That may be the ticket for good cooling for you. Are you still using the V-6 fan clutch and fan, or did those items come with the 5.9L?

Dakota R/T owners -- how many blades does your fan have? Did they call come with a HD cooling package, or could that still be ordered separately?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JasonA

Varsis, I wish I took a picture of my fan and clutch. Do you have the large fan clutch on yours or the smaller one? And how many blades does your fan have? Mine's a 9-blade fan with the HD clutch. It's the largest fan clutch I've seen, and I've never seen a 9-blade fan before on a light duty vehicle like this. That may be the ticket for good cooling for you. Are you still using the V-6 fan clutch and fan, or did those items come with the 5.9L?

Dakota R/T owners -- how many blades does your fan have? Did they call come with a HD cooling package, or could that still be ordered separately?
Not sure on the blades I think it's 6-7, but direction helps a LOT. I got the fan with the engine, so I used it.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 AM
JasonA
Veteran

What do you mean when you say, "it doesn't cool all that great." Does the temperature gauge creep up when you're stopped or idling? Where does the gauge normally run? Did you use a new water pump and thermostat on the 5.9L when you put it in? What is the condition of your radiator?

Quick Reply: v8 Dakota Shroud