2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Map sensor connector

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
rixlum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map sensor connector

Hi All; Need info on how to disconnect the connector on the map sensor. I have an aftermarket part to enhance my fuel mileage and need to splice into the connector. Also need to find a wiring diagram for my '01 Dakota so I can verify what each wire is. Right now the 3 wires looking from front to back is a=orange, b=brn/grn, c=darkblue/vt, I believe. My eyes aren't like they use to be. Colors could be different. I do know that a=orange. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 PM
00DakR/T
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Map sensor connector

Orange is the 5 volt supply wire, black/light blue is the sensor ground, and dark green/red is the sensor signal circuit.
I would not recommend modifying sensor data like this as it is mroe than likely not going to cause any increase in fuel mileage and has a very real risk of cuasing PCM problems. If you really want better gas mileage my suggestion is get a beater or buy a bike.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:23 PM
rixlum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Map sensor connector

Thanks for the info. The way I'm going to install it won't be permanent. Just splice into the wires. How do I disconnect the connector? I don't want any damage to the connector.

Quick Reply: Map sensor connector