2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

302$ Speeding Ticket and court lost it in system.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:08 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 302$ Speeding Ticket and court lost it in system.

So i went down today to pay a speeding ticket, and i lost my ticket that the cop gave me, so i told her i didnt have it, she said it was fine and used my drivers license to look it up. Well after sitting there for about 5 min and her walking back and forth she said it wasnt in the system, and it takes 3 days to update, i told her i got it almost a month ago, she looked at me and said sorry. I had a HUGE Smile on my face and the guy next to me dishing out 200$ for a ticket just looks at me and laughs and called me lucky.

I walked out yelling woohoo,

but i coverd my *** and told her im not going to have no warrants on me? And she said no cuz its not my fault they ****ed up. So now i can go buy some parts ive been wanting to get.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: 302$ Speeding Ticket and court lost it in system.

how fast were you going?

and you are lucky so what are you going to get??????????

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
MTN13
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats awesome, that would make my day

over the weekend i got pulled over doing 62 in a 35. I was so pissed i thought i was going to have some huge fine that i cant afford but the cop let me off with a warning, i was suprised.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 AM
marchant
Professional

talk about some luck... I was 17 a few around feb. and got a ticket in the Publix parking lot I work at after closing on my way home... I peeled out leaving 60 ft of drag and got raped by a cop sitting on the other side of a bank in the connecting parking lot (which I don't think he could even eye witness it btw). Being a minor, I was deemed to be a "bad kid" as i quote what the solicitor told my parents "well if he's doing stuff like this off the road, we can only imagine what he does on the road, this isn't normal behavior..."

Anyway, I got 20 hours community service, 1 seminar class talking about the teens that died getting drunk and driving (2hours long), $40 bucks ($2/hour for community service), and an 8 hour driving class that cost $300... not to mention 3 points on my record or the hours lost at work having to request off for this stuff.
Oh and the funny thing is, i got worse punishment then 10 2+ offense DUI's!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
heavyk298
Banned

quit bitching about cops, they're just doing their job for which they are severly underpaid for anyway....you know how you stop getting tickets? quit breaking the law ******** (yes i stole that line from liar liar)

Old 07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, i thought it was interesting how people with DUI's got less of a punishment than i did when i had my accident. All i did was hit a parked car at 2a.m. and kept going because i thought no one saw it. I was actually sentenced to 180 days in jail, although it was suspended. no one was in the car, no one was even around the scene, i was the only one in my truck. The guy's car that I hit was actually probably happy because his car was a piece of **** intrepid not worth the insurance money he got for it.
When i had to go to court I saw people with DUI's just getting fines and suspended driving priveleges, even though most of them had their privileges suspended when they got the DUI. I lost my license for 180 days, had to pay a ****load of money in fines, jump through a million hoops proving i had insurance and providing proof of restitution. not to mention I have a criminal arrest record now, something DUI's dont have. but thats ok, all they did was risk EVERYONE's life on the road. My dad has been crippled for his entire adult life because he got hit head on by a drunk driver when he was 16, resulting in a permenant limp and permenant pain in his leg caused by his feet going through the floorboards of the car he was in. I have no sympathy for drunk drivers that hit a pole and kill themselves, in fact.. it's a good thing they cant risk anyone else's lives anymore.
**** cops, and courts

Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 PM
marchant
Professional

That's what gets me, let them fine me or whatever. But at least give the DUI's bigger punishments. Some of them where I live only get 40 hrs community service, and points to raise insurance, but no suspensions until the 2nd offense.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

yea, i got 30 hours community service plus 6 points... for leaving the scene. i watched DUI convictions get community service and a fine. all together i had to spend about 600$ to keep from going to jail, pay fines, and get my license back. i guess you can say the only good thing is i drive alot more careful now and havent had any citations in 4 years, plus my insurance salesman acts like my best friend whenever i see him.. probably due to the fact he knows he's getting away with rape.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 PM
LAKOTA169
All Star

Press hard, you are making 3 copies.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21107/1B9F66B376C94FADB75C289C9403DE3E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-01-2008, 02:06 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

or loose the ticket, since the lazy bastards don't do there paper work.

i hate getting speeding tickets cuz it seems like thats the only thing cops are good for these days. I never go to court or jury duty because i would probably get thrown in jail for talking **** about the corrupted system they have. My parents and I lived in irvin, tx and i was only like 5. mom came and picked me up from school and in about 30min she was gone someone drilled a hole into our house door and managed to get everything out of our house in less then 30 min, and without anyone in our neighbor hood knowing in plain daylight. Cops didnt do **** about that, Mom gets hit by a car and then it splits a witness chased the car down and got the plates and told my mom for the cops to call him as a witness, cops didnt do **** about that nor even call the guy. My old truck got totalled my an illegal mexican, didnt have insurance, DL, Green Card, didnt speak english and had a ****ty car. He hit me, and the cops told me to leave if it was driveable, insuance totaled the truck and when i drove by the spot i got hit the stupid mexican put a black hood on his car and was working like the next day at the same spot. So they let him stay in the States. Bull****.

I hate cops. They are useless, and if i go to court or jury duty ill tell the judge this.

also when we got robbed there was a black gun laying on the computer desk, my parents didnt see it, i was the only one, after the cops came and left the gun was gone, and my parents to this day still say that they didnt see no gun. But i KNOW i did.. meaning one of the cops took the gun..

Quick Reply: 302$ Speeding Ticket and court lost it in system.