2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 04:35 PM
ltduster71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows

I just replaced my Master Power Window Switch on the Drivers side. I did this because my other windows would not open independently from their own switch. I assumed my child lock-out switch was broken. (it's not)Is there a fuse or something that would prevent my passengers from opening their windows? How can I test to see if those switches are bad ?(all 3)

Old 07-26-2008, 09:54 PM
ltduster71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Windows

Ok all the relays,motors, and fuses work on the power windows. I still can't get my passenger side window and two club cab windows to go up/down with their own switches. I also noticed that when the leds on the switch are lit on the drivers console, they are not lit on the passenger and rear window switches. This tells me I am not getting independent power to each switch, thus they can only be controlled by the main console. Someone please send me a schematic or link to find out which wires feed these switches independently. There are several wires connected to the auxilliary switches.

Quick Reply: Power Windows