2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New Tires are now squares

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:47 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Tires are now squares

So i just bought brand new tires for the front of my truck the other 2 are on there way to my house right now.. orderd them yesterday before i went out.

So going down 35 about 75-80mph (yes i know little to fast but traffic was flowing at this speed)

Im in the left hand lane passing a car a huge white van in front of them with a trailer with no lights startes to get over obliviuos to everyone around him coming about 3 in from my truck i swirve to the left and nail the brakes, i now have flat spots on my tires.. went from about 95% tread to about 20% thread on my tires.. its horrible, 288$ down the drain, im going to put my new ones up front and move the sqaures to my rear and hope that it doesn't vibrate as much, but more then likley im going to have to spend another 288 for 2 more tires.. so thats 900 for just tires...

lol.. i never get ahead.. been working awsome overtime at work +10-15 hours a week of overtime.. and the extra money is not going to be able to get saved.. there goes my future billet parts for my bay...

Old 07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Tires are now squares

that sucks put them on the back and do a couple burn outs and maybe you can roast them round again lol

Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 AM
rpowell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What tires are you running? Should they do that or were they flukes or just not holding up like they said? Not trying to be smart, just interested in how a tire should hold up.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:09 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it was on the side lane with the rivets in the lane to wake you up if you go off the road.. i also pulled it hard to the left causing the right tire to get owned.. 288$ for new tires.. Nitto NT 450 275/50/17s

since i lowerd the truck i think my nest set of tires is going to be 275/40/17s in the front and 305+ in the rear.. o well. **** happens.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a little trick i used to get a free spare tire. i ordered 4 new tires from discount tire direct and when they came i called and said i was driving and one blew out. they said ok send us the dead one and well send u a new one. i said i left the blown one on the side of the highway. they sent me a brand new tire free of charge. so now i have a full sized spare! haha! stickin it to the man!

Quick Reply: New Tires are now squares