2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Cleaned the Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaned the Quad Cab

Well, Ive been absent from the forums for awhile, so I figured Id come back with some new pics of the Quad Cab. It was quite philthy, so I spent the majority of the day washing, claying, polishing, and waxing. When I got all that done, I cleaned up the wheels and tires, and vacuumed it out. Then I went searching for a local place that would be decent for pictures, so I stopped at the local community center where the sun would really hit the paint. In some of the pictures the blue is so deep it looks black.

Nothing really new on the truck since last time, but, I tried some new products on it, with pretty good results, so I figured Id post the pics.

Anyways, enjoy guys.

CleanBlue1.jpg

CleanBlue2.jpg

CleanBlue3.jpg

CleanBlue4.jpg

CleanBlue5.jpg

CleanBlue6.jpg

CleanBlue7.jpg

CleanBlue8.jpg

CleanBlue9-1.jpg

~CYCLONE_06

Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran

No Comments ?

~CYCLONE_06

Old 08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker

that is a really good looking truck!!

If I had the opprotunity to get another dak, I would love to have that color combo. patriot blue, and bright silver... that is patriot blue right? lol cept I would have the bumpers and grille painted to match. im just not a big fan of chrome on trucks...

Old 08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
dualdakota01
Professional

sweet ride dude. looks new!.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Dodge Rules
Professional

that is pretty sweet. i do have one question. i saw that you posted you clayed your truck i have heard this before and others have said that it works and have gotten great results. Would you care to explain what you did and your impressions

Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran

Sure thing Dodge Rules. Its simple, you go to a store that sells car care products, like pep boys, advanced auto, autozone, or even wal mart. Find what they call a Clay bar kit. Mothers, Clay Magic, and Meguiars make them. Buy one. Next time you wash your truck, and you notice any stains, or if the paint isnt smooth, either use the hose while washing, or the lubrication (soap water) they give you in the kit to spray the areas. Just run the clay back and fourth over the area (if you want to do the entire truck, go for it, just make sure to keep turning the clay, or rolling it up to reveal a new clean surface) and it will pick up contaminents out of the paint. This also removes wax, so if you have wax on there and then clay, you'll have to re wax it.

~CYCLONE_06

Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran

Originally Posted by Natedogg625
that is a really good looking truck!!

If I had the opprotunity to get another dak, I would love to have that color combo. patriot blue, and bright silver... that is patriot blue right? lol cept I would have the bumpers and grille painted to match. im just not a big fan of chrome on trucks...
Well, I already had to get the lower front valence, and the rear plastic panels painted silver to match. I also found fender flares on a forum for sale, and had them painted and added. We decided to keep the chrome because its different. Most everyone does what you suggested, making the grille shell, and bumpers match the plastic, so we decided to go a bit different.

Yea, it is patriot blue

~CYCLONE_06

Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

bump for a nice truck!

i like it....the blue and silver look nice

i was suppost to get my bumper painted white...but my cousins lazy adn i was also busy too.....oh well.....i want some of them flares too but im a lil straped for cash at the moment bc im about to drop 200 for a CD player cuz mine brokededed

Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran

You might be better off checkin ebay for a OEM cd player.

~CYCLONE_06

Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

Originally Posted by CYCLONE_06
You might be better off checkin ebay for a OEM cd player.

~CYCLONE_06

OEM....naw i got subs and a stout amp....so id like some better adjustment....im looking into this KENNWOOD XL-798.....its got around 9 different adjustments audio wise, XM capibilities,ipod, full color LCD screen, and its about 179.00 on sale!!

Quick Reply: Cleaned the Quad Cab