2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what do you think O2 simms would do to gas milage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:52 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question what do you think O2 simms would do to gas milage?

....or just performance in general? i am planning on doing some shortie headers and full hooker dual exhaust with an H pipe and aerochamber mufflers. basically i was just going to say F*** YOU to the cats and plug in 4 O2 simms from the fastman. anyone do this? what were your results on how it affected performance and gas milage and all that fun stuff. OR would i be able to just get away with replacing the 2 O2's behind the cats and leave the first two in? I JUST DONT KNOW!!!! thanks in advance guys!

~Justin~

Old 08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the o2 simms from fast man are only for rear So you don't get a ce light when removing them. I would keep the front two and just put the rear two simms in.

The rear two don't affect the a/f mixture.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure about the o2 sims but i'm pumped that you wanna do hooker aerochambers finally someone else lol they sound awesome i wanna delete my cat which i think would really make them sound wicked headers would do even more.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:12 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Simms do more bad then good. Most of the time you can zip tie the rear o2s to the frame rail and plug the hole and it will not through a code.

As long as the air/mixture is different from the first o2 it wont give CELs its telling the PCM that the Cat is working, even if you don't have one.

Sims use a certain voltage, and if you look at a wire diagram of a Dakota or any Chrysler.. its messed up very bad.. the o2 grounds run though about 6 or 7 other wires, using simms can sometimes mess up the tranny, run rough and other bad things.. its not worth it... 50 or 100$ for something that might work when you can get 2x zipties and have it work better..

Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i'll probably try the whole zip tie thing first.... then if that causes problems ( i dont mean a CEL i can live with that, i mean a drop in mileage or performance or something) then i 'll sport for the simms and see what happens.

BTW yea pitkanen44flyers i have been totally sold on aerochambers for a while. my buddy's LT1 sounds great with them. the only other muffler i would consider is Spintech.

Quick Reply: what do you think O2 simms would do to gas milage?