2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Light Flicker....Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:00 AM
jakebank
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light Flicker....Need Help!!

So I did a search, and couldnt turn up anything that might help. Here is the problem...

Ok first some background as I dont know if this is the cause or not. So some jackass ran over a huge chunk of semi tire in front of me today, drilled the truck right above the grill on the passenger side. The headlight is fine, nothing wrong with it to the naked eye, and the light works in both low and high so Im pretty sure the tire missed the light all together.

The problem happened a couple hours later while driving home in the dark, my headlights and the dash lights, and well all my lights would flicker. At first it would happen about once every minute. Then it would start doing it more and more on my way home. Sometimes back to back, sometimes just once, sometimes three times right in a row. Every once in a while the "security", which has never lit before as long as ive owned this truck (2.5 yrs), would flash once right before the lights would do it. And every single time the chime would go off, thus driving me nuts. I swore on the way there earlier before the truck got slammed with that tire, that I saw the security light flash, so I dont think getting hit with the tire is related to it, but I dont know. I dont think my truck even has an alarm, it has the keyless entry, but like I said ive never seen the security light come on at all in 2+ yrs of owning it. Anyone have any clue what this could be? I have a 300 mile drive back to school in the morning so prompt feedback would be great, but any at all is needed. Thanks in advance.

BTW the truck is a 2002 Dakota Sport Quad Cab. 4.7L

Old 08-25-2008, 02:18 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happened to me except with a little difference, every time i would get an info light (CEL, low gas, brake, etc, etc,) all the lights in my truck would flicker to the same rhythm as the turn signal. landed up changing the BCM (body control module), right as rain ever since.

Quick Reply: Light Flicker....Need Help!!