2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

What is this world coming to!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008 | 08:55 PM
vanner77
|

are you callin me old? im only 19 man. but i dont know what they did. kinda rattled about it. but whatevs its only money i guess. worse things in life could happen.

Old 10-01-2008 | 09:02 PM
f0x672
Champion

any monkey prints (hand prints) on the truck, obvious break in into the cab to release the hood, burn marks etc? lets face it dude, an exhaust system thats weathered on a truck after a few week is a pain in the ***** to simply pull off if it were clamped together. either they cut it off or torched that puppy off, and they would of been heard with the sawzall going through steel or seen regardless via the flame. you will most likely have soot marks under the truck from the flame, plus your CEL would be on for the o2 sensors reading improperly. if they cut them of the sensors will read excessively high resistance and that will throw the light. to get the headers, you need to go through the hood unless there was a 3 year old turning the wrenches under there. yeah it's possible they stole the system, but as far as the headers, they must of been freshly installed on that engine to come off with that much ease to be stolen, otherwise they should of been there for some time removing those f**kers and they are a pita to remove.

Old 10-01-2008 | 09:09 PM
vanner77
|

hmmm maybe a month old? and i always use some goop we have that prevents anything from seizing. and i havent driven it. heard it, shut it off immediately. its been parked since last night

Old 10-01-2008 | 09:20 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

Originally Posted by vanner77
are you callin me old? im only 19 man. but i dont know what they did. kinda rattled about it. but whatevs its only money i guess. worse things in life could happen.
oh well....im 17 and i didint know....srry dude.....

Old 10-01-2008 | 09:50 PM
f0x672
Champion

Originally Posted by vanner77
hmmm maybe a month old? and i always use some goop we have that prevents anything from seizing. and i havent driven it. heard it, shut it off immediately. its been parked since last night
i used never seize when i installed my system. the actual clamping of the pipes, compressing into one another locks them in place. i had to readjust my pipes after 3 weeks cause i was in a rush when i installed it and thats when i had the time. i had to put a 18 inch long pipe wrench to even rotate them to align everything properly so it looked all symmetrical and sh*t.

Old 10-01-2008 | 09:54 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

Friends of mine while building their house had all the copper pipe stolen out of the house. People will steal anything.

Old 10-01-2008 | 10:27 PM
murdoc chongo
Professional

hmm im about to put on a new magnaflow. maybe i should forget it instead of risking it be stolen

Old 10-01-2008 | 10:32 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

wow...I'm speechless as to how ridiculous that sounds but in all seriousness that sucks

Old 10-01-2008 | 11:24 PM
mnl001
Rookie

Sorry to hear about your luck. To add insult to injury your signature is going to change ( no header or dual exhaust).

The latest trend in this town ( Kitchener, Ontario), drill a hole in the gas tank to siphon the gas, ruins the tank. You have to ask, is it worth it even at $5/us gal

Old 10-02-2008 | 02:10 AM
User
Champion

don't turn the truck back on ever without headers or something on it, you will burn a valve and your engine bay to ****!

People steal, cats, copper, and gas here in Texas. Its sick.

Just the other day somone stole gas out of one of our friends moostangs went from a full tank to 1/2 a tank.. if i EVER catch anyone even by my truck i flip a ****. I instantly want to punch them in the face and kill them.

I have way to much, blood, money, and memory's put into it. I would KILL over it.. no joke.

Quick Reply: What is this world coming to!!!!