2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Vacuum Ports Question 2001 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:26 PM
fxallen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vacuum Ports Question 2001 4.7L

Hi All!

New to the group and have just purchased a 2001 4x4 Sport Ext Cab with the 4.7L.

Noticed that the vacuum port on the throttle body has no cap on it and noticed a sucking sound from this port when I shut the engine down with the hood open.

Tried to find info about the plumbing from the shop manual but it no real help there. Can't find any spare hoses lying around on the engine block so I'm thinking that maybe this port should have a blocking cap on it and maybe mine is just missing??

Apparently there was an under hood sticker that showed the vacuum lines layout but this sticker is missing on my Dakota.

Any info/help on this greatly appreciated. If anyone has a picture of the driver's side of the top of the 4.7L that may also help.

TIA

Fred

Old 10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm not a dakota expert, but one side of the manifold should be connected to pcv valve in valve cover. valve cover on the other side of the engine is probably connected to the air cleaner. you should also have a big manifold port for the brake booster. then some smaller ports or tee's for cruise, heat/ac, t-case, etc.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Ports Question 2001 4.7L