2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New Front Brake Setup on Order. EBC Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 03:16 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Front Brake Setup on Order. EBC Brakes

I ordered a set of Dimpled/Slotted EBC Zinc Plated Rotors and a set of RedStuff Brake Pads. Didn't go with green or yellow, because green seemed to be more for off road and more dust, and the yellow is just overkill for my truck since its not full drag race, so i went with the middle of the 2 and went with red stuff, rated for over 200+BHP and it also matches the truck theme, im going to clean and coat my calipers to match... since i cant seem to find any aftermarket ones for my truck.. unless i go viper..

Here are the pads..

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...35DP71318.html

Here are the Rotors...

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...E35GD7028.html

I got them with free shipping, and 25$ off the base price with a coupon i googled up real fast from this site...

http://definitivedeals.com/coupons_a...Warehouse&land

240$ for everything... not bad for a good brand brake setup.. and god damn do i need it. I went through my last brakes in less then 1year.

Has anyone ever used this setup or pads? What did you think of them?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:47 PM
User
Champion

Well i got them in today, and as i suspected they are the GreenStuff 7000 Seris not the "RedStuff 2000" model. Some sites had them posted as Red Stuff but they where really talking about the green stuff 7000 model. Although im kinda pissed that i thought i had redstuff pads coming to match the truck and a higher performance pad which i needed, they still look good and work great so far...

the links i posted above, the first one with the pads, when i checked the site 2 nights ago it was listed as redstuff and not greenstuff, i checked it again today and they updated the site and fixed the error. Kinda sucks but o well its all good, if these pads dont work out to well im sure i can find a better set somewhere. Ill post pics later, with the wheels on its kinda hard to see them, and the black coating that was on the rotors came off VERY fast, but i think its only used to bed the pads and rotors, under the black coating the rotors are a dark grey almost black so it looks good. Then i have green pads that dont match anything lol.. but its ok.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:34 PM
big.bryant
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you have a chance to put them on yet?

Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

those are just gonna wear your pads faster slotted and aired rotors will do that flat ones last longer.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:44 PM
big.bryant
Champion

well since they are more powerful, won't that mean that they need less force and less effort to do the same amount of work? therefore if they don't have to get used quite as hard, couldn't that mean that they last longer?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:10 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by big.bryant
well since they are more powerful, won't that mean that they need less force and less effort to do the same amount of work? therefore if they don't have to get used quite as hard, couldn't that mean that they last longer?
could be but the slots and what not wear it down a lot faster, those you only need if your breaking really hard like in the nascar vehicles, and you need the cooling the slotted helps to slow down but wears pads faster.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rotors with holes and **** in them will warp easier, i bet your setup will only last about a year or so. when it comes to dakotas and brakes, the fact is they're just too small.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:58 AM
User
Champion

from feedback from other daktoa owners with these rotors, none have had any problems with them. The powerslots have been known for wrapping and cracking. These rotors seem to have a high rating and customer feedback.

as for the pads wearing down faster... doesn't really matter to me. I race alot and brake alot.. im not looking for something thats going to last long i need something that can stop my vehicle and not overheat and catch on fire like my old ones did.

They dont have holes in them btw, they are dimpled and slotted, and so far ive been driving on them for about 2.5 days now.. and i already had to use them in our ****y texas traffic. A Truck and a Trailer got over last minute in turning lane to turn into gas station and his trailer was going to hit my truck, i tapped the brakes and that thing stopped on a dime.. WAY better then my old brakes, i didnt even floor the pedal.. i just pressed on it and the whole trucks *** end was in the air.. *(this is a dramatic effect added to the story and did not really happen)* got that? lol...

either way, you all can say what you want about what about slotted rotors and so on. But So far so good for me, and they look amazing on the truck. Either way im glad i got them.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 AM
batman13
Grand Champion

if they look so damn amazing where are the pics?
lol.
next time i do brakes im gonna upgrade a bit, i dont need the same performance but hey, better is better

Old 11-16-2008, 04:19 PM
big.bryant
Champion

yah you got pictures?

Quick Reply: New Front Brake Setup on Order. EBC Brakes