2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Heater Core.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:54 PM
shamus087
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Core.

So after 8 hours of pulling the whole inside of my truck apart, i'm coming to you guys.

It seems to me that the front dash comes apart in 3 sections. i'm finally down to the last section and cannot see how i get the last part away from the wall. is there screws in the engine bay? it seems like there is no easy way to get at this and that dodge must be laughing every time they think of someone trying to fix it. and pointers on how to get it apart would be nice.

Truck is a 97 dakota.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 PM
shamus087
Rookie

Well after 10+ hours of messing around with it and patience completely gone. I've decided to get rid of it all together. does anyone know what it involves to completely remove the A/C and heat? i don't want a single thing left.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:34 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

LOL, have fun with that. I would get it towed and get a mechanic to finish it up.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:35 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

oh and you way want heat for those cooler days or you will be fogged right up.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:55 PM
shamus087
Rookie

heh yeah i do hate fog. but i've dealt with cold winter days. and right now it's about 35 outside so it's pretty close. now it's a one way ticket, gonna figure something out i guess. don't think dodge had a very smart guy working on this one.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:18 AM
shamus087
Rookie

So after finally getting everything back together i'm having issue starting the truck and running accessory's. I was thinking it probably be a fuse might have been blown. but i'm not sure. Any help on this one would be great.

I'm able to run the lights in and outside the truck.

I'm able to get the truck to turn over just wont fire.

It wont turn on the CD player or roll up the windows. (Which sucks because i can't store it in the garage.)

Here's how i took everything apart. Pulled the negative battery cable. pulled all the cords from from their connectors. Pulled the dash out. finally got everything back together. put all the cords back into their connectors. double check to make sure everything is back together. triple check to make sure the 3 grounds are on. once everything was confirmed i put the negative cable back on. and this is what i'm stuck with. any ideas or anything would be helpful well anyway thanks for at least lookin .

Quick Reply: Heater Core.