2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

99 Dakota RT P0152 problem.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 05:11 PM
colvin_blake
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope and nope. I mean nothings wrong with the o2 sensor. The code reads high voltage so it makes me think that the sensor is fine that its something to do with the wireing or something idk. Maybe a ground even.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 PM
metalsrfr
Veteran

man Im raking my brain and my buddie is doing the same my next guess then would be to check the wiring and make sure none of the wires are melted or sliced , other than that right now I have no clue anymore but I will let you know if we think of something else I will be on for the rest of the evening .

Old 11-29-2008, 05:21 PM
colvin_blake

Well thanks alot ive also got a good mopar buddy on teh phone and hes puzzled as well. it has to be something simple.. i think ima try a few more things and im going to dodge monday morning to talk to my friends buddy.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:23 PM
metalsrfr
Veteran

alright man well let us know what the prognossis is and good luck.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:25 PM
colvin_blake

Okay no problem ill be sure to come back on here monday evening and let you know what i find out..

Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the high voltage is coming from a short. Grab a mutimeter and go to town on your wire harness. You have a short.

My short was on the driver side of the tranny, the liquid eat through the harness to bear wire and they where touching.. try there.

it may have NOTHING to do with your o2s. On these trucks, the grounds in the harness and the o2s touch about 5 other sensors alone.. its a pain in the butt it took me a good 5 or 6 months to find it.. and dont waste money on o2s.. i went though about 5 of them.. but i only have 2 on mine not 4.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:43 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most likely is a short like user said, could also be a voltage regulator going out.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:52 AM
colvin_blake

Thanks alot guys, thats what i was starting to narrow it down to because nothing else other than that made any sense. However earlier tonight i was driving in light rain with drag radials and lost it around a curve. i was only going about 40mph and luckily instead of hitting a pole head on i was able to turn it around to hit the bed but needless to say the the axel looks pretty bent and the frame prob is too. So thanks for all your help but it doesnt look like im going to be worrying about any shorts any time soon. Its prob totaled. I have no info as to what im doing with it yet cus it just happened but i will keep in touch and let everyone know.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:14 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by colvin_blake
Thanks alot guys, thats what i was starting to narrow it down to because nothing else other than that made any sense. However earlier tonight i was driving in light rain with drag radials and lost it around a curve. i was only going about 40mph and luckily instead of hitting a pole head on i was able to turn it around to hit the bed but needless to say the the axel looks pretty bent and the frame prob is too. So thanks for all your help but it doesnt look like im going to be worrying about any shorts any time soon. Its prob totaled. I have no info as to what im doing with it yet cus it just happened but i will keep in touch and let everyone know.
If they do total it out. Buy it back and part it out. Peice by piece. You will make a KILLING!

Ill buy your center console, overhead cpu if you have it, door panels, and window motors lol... and your driver seat if in good condition.. lol!!!

sorry.. but thought i would get first dibs in here lol.

But ya, if they do total it, and you don't want to keep it, you can sale every part to that truck in probably 1 month posted on some Dakota sites.. i can give you some places to sale it if you like.

EDIT: also what type of slicks where you using? Slicks for the stock 17s or where they on 15x8s?

Old 11-30-2008, 04:18 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

user you vulture
if you part it out let me know im always looking for a 360, that sucks though. but user is right, you can get your money's worth by parting out if it comes down to it.

Quick Reply: 99 Dakota RT P0152 problem.