2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Stiffer leaf springs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
matj1990
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rakaric
rofl. Well anyway...another thing. I actually have 2 leaf springs sitting in my garage that was stock for an r/t. Besides the fact that the r/t is under the axle, is there any difference in load capacity?
umm my dak is under the axel ???and it sure isnt a r/t if it is there way over rated

Old 01-14-2009, 09:40 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Rakaric
rofl. Well anyway...another thing. I actually have 2 leaf springs sitting in my garage that was stock for an r/t. Besides the fact that the r/t is under the axle, is there any difference in load capacity?
what I would do is, use the r/t springs as long as they are the same length and what not, take one leaf from your old pack and put them under there, get them a bit stiffer, and gain and inch or so . (Make a bastard pack.)

Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

yea the r/t ones are not rusted at all and were barely used, so I was figuring installing those as well. From what I've seen they are pretty much the same, but I'll have to see for sure when I start dissembling.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Ramrat
Professional

a guy around here sells the the same kit you're looking at and has them on his s10, said his payload is about 50% more and the truck handels better. the thing I liked is it didn't chang the hight abit. My dak is a 2wd w/3" drop, so I'm thinking of puting one of these kits in this spring,I'll let ya know how it turns out

Quick Reply: Stiffer leaf springs.