2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Head gasket or Tranny took a crap today i think.. WOOT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:33 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, i got a Torque converter for 50$ from a local guy in my truck club, and picked up a seal at Napa for 14$ and 6qs of Royal Purple for an oil change since ill have the oil filter off.

i took Thursday off work (personal day so ill get paid for it) ran around town all day shipping parts, off, getting cash out, buying parts ect.. started on the truck at about 7pm and worked on it till 4am. I got my new seats put in..
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...4cbae4d500.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...202059b345.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...0e664bde0a.jpg

i got the driveshaft off and marked for when i reinstall, took my ypipe and exhaust off, dropped the crossmember, disconnected everything from the tranny, and unbolted it from the block, unbolted tc and as it sits right now, im waiting on some friends to come over tomorrow and all i have to do is pull the tranny away from the block and install the new tc and seal and reinstall everything, im going to pick up a new dust shield today also, and while everything is out im going to clean everything up on the bottom and what i have pulled off.

everything went surprisingly smooth today, for a change it felt good, the only real hassle i had all day when working on it was the oil filter.... yes the god damn oil filter was a total bitch to get off... i spent more time trying to get that **** off then anything else. Once i got it off i was so pissed i installed the seats to give myself a break from the other ****.. lol.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seats look good dude,did you drop the tranny pan? fluid condition?

Old 02-13-2009, 05:52 PM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by f0x672
seats look good dude,did you drop the tranny pan? fluid condition?
didn't drop the tranny pan, but it did all leak out when the tranny slipped off the jack and took a **** on me... fluid looks fine, right now im waiting on some help to get the tranny back onto the jack and installed to the block and then bolt and plug everything back in and ill be done.. and hope to god nothing leaks lol...

Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
f0x672
Champion

true, yeah those trannys weigh a good 150 pounds at least. drop the pan at least and throw a new filter on there just to make sure youre all set. look at the magnet too for excessive shavings.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:13 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alot more than 150 pounds. tranny + the fluid. = a fair bit of weight. I remember removing mine WHAT A BITCH. One thing I need for sure is tranny jack if I ever do it again. It's so helpful and keeps the tranny all lined up.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

damn....thats alot of **** to go wrong......if yo didnt have the datethis saturday with the hottie(srry i had to) would you think about making you trans a built **** to handle more power?!?!?

but a date with a mega hottie is more important then making my truck last longer and goin faster...bc shuttleing her around in my moms car will NOT be "sexy"

Old 02-14-2009, 01:54 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker

dude, i would never rush myself to do all that just so i could have it done in time to take a girl on a date. most women are so dumb they cant appreciate a good vehicle anyway. my girlfriend doesnt even know that her own car is a ford taurus. she just calls it "the car".
oh and on a more serious note, you shouldve just threw all that crap away and got one of these to replace it with
http://smrtrans.tripod.com/smrtransm...ntro/id21.html
this trans/TC conversion is supposed to gain you up to 1.5 seconds in ET.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:34 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by wink2873
dude, i would never rush myself to do all that just so i could have it done in time to take a girl on a date. most women are so dumb they cant appreciate a good vehicle anyway. my girlfriend doesnt even know that her own car is a ford taurus. she just calls it "the car".
oh and on a more serious note, you shouldve just threw all that crap away and got one of these to replace it with
http://smrtrans.tripod.com/smrtransm...ntro/id21.html
this trans/TC conversion is supposed to gain you up to 1.5 seconds in ET.
I think thats my next mod a 727 with od. since it's a dd. and of course and nice t case

Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 AM
User
Champion

i plan on getting a built tranny and VB from APS,

and yes if i didn't have a truck meet and date this weekend, i probably would have just spent 1200 and had APS ship me a built tranny...

but im not to worried about it right now, i have to many other things to worry about.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
f0x672
Champion

Originally Posted by User2006
i plan on getting a built tranny and VB from APS,

and yes if i didn't have a truck meet and date this weekend, i probably would have just spent 1200 and had APS ship me a built tranny...

but im not to worried about it right now, i have to many other things to worry about.
if it's rockin, dont come knockin ...

Quick Reply: Head gasket or Tranny took a crap today i think.. WOOT!