2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Magnum V6 Truck Engine Performance Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Magnum V6 Truck Engine Performance Upgrades

Link below.

Read it all..

Thank you.

http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArt...es03012004.php

Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Trice1988
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just kind of stumbling into the forum world looking for some opinions. I gotta 2000 dodge dakota sport v6. I was thinking of replacing my air filter with a K&N air filter. But was wondering if its even worth it or should I put in a short ram filter or cold air intake or something like that?

Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 AM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by Trice1988
Just kind of stumbling into the forum world looking for some opinions. I gotta 2000 dodge dakota sport v6. I was thinking of replacing my air filter with a K&N air filter. But was wondering if its even worth it or should I put in a short ram filter or cold air intake or something like that?
Its really up to you..

I would install a CAI if it was me, only because it increases the velocity of the air and has less restrictions like the stock air box.

but a K&N filter will work just fine also...

both are fine, just your personal preference.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Trice1988

Yeah I put a K&N high flow air filter in it today, and while I'm obviously not smoking corvettes yet, I can definately tell its running better and a little extra kick. But down the road when I get some money saved up I do want to put a Ram air intake on it. I was looking on the K&N website and searched my vehicle but it didn't come up with anything. Was wondering if you had any suggestions.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:06 AM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by Trice1988
Yeah I put a K&N high flow air filter in it today, and while I'm obviously not smoking corvettes yet, I can definately tell its running better and a little extra kick. But down the road when I get some money saved up I do want to put a Ram air intake on it. I was looking on the K&N website and searched my vehicle but it didn't come up with anything. Was wondering if you had any suggestions.
My hood in my sig is a "Ram Air" Style hood, it forces the air down a hole into my intake and into my Throttle Body... (but im not using it)

True ram air really doesn't work till your at highway speeds, where the air can not heat up as fast going through all the tubes and turns...

A simple cold air kit, with a few modifications to make it fit behind your light and out of the engine bay from heat is your best bet.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:49 PM
HI_captron

Originally Posted by User
Its really up to you..

I would install a CAI if it was me, only because it increases the velocity of the air and has less restrictions like the stock air box.

but a K&N filter will work just fine also...

both are fine, just your personal preference.
who makes a good intake for the 04 dakota V6

Old 09-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HI_captron
who makes a good intake for the 04 dakota V6
Check the first post.

Quick Reply: Magnum V6 Truck Engine Performance Upgrades