2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Turbo Kit / Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:12 PM
germanautobahn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Kit / Supercharger

Hi,
I am new in the Forum, I just bought a 1999 Dakota R/T a week ago in Florida the truck is going to be shipped to Germany,
in the meantime while the truck is on the boat I am shopping for some tune up parts.
So I had the idea of putting a twin turbo in the car an stet of supercharging it, during my research
I havened found anything what would work out. So my question does anybody have an idea what to do? Suggestions!
Turbo or Supercharger?
Thanks
Oliver

Old 03-03-2005, 06:05 PM
99superRT
Default RE: Turbo Kit / Supercharger

I have a 99 RT also, and happen to live in Florida..
My truck is running a set of headers, dumps, and has a powerdyne supercharger kit. The kit ran about $2500, and was a night and day difference in performance. Trucks real problems now is traction. I get so much tire spin off the line, all the way to like 2nd and sometimes third gear, it defeats the purpose.. I have to really feather the throttle to stay locked up off the line. But as far as performance, supercharger was great.. I'm only running the 6 psi pulley, and have not installed the 9 psi one yet.. I can only imagine the HP with that one..

Good luck with your truck.. Sure can only imagine the look on the faces of those Europeans in there Audis and BMW's, while you pass them in the dodge on the Autobahn!!! Headers and Dumps a must.. Want to give them a heads up, or wake them the hell up when you pass!!

Old 04-03-2005, 04:18 AM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie

Where did you get the dumps? I have been looking for these since I had my first truck, Ram 1500 SS/T. I would love to get these for my Dak.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:27 PM
reconstrucktion
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey 99superRT what part of florida do you live in? I live in Pembroke Pines. Anyways germanautobahn I know some place called Dynamic Turbo they make turbos for ANYTHING you want I mean ANYTHING. Also my buddy's telling me about another place called TNT Turbos. If your interested I can get there number for you. It's not going to come cheap though. (obvioulsy you know that) Let me know. . . I would love to see that. . . imagine a tt r/t how sickening! ! !

Old 04-04-2005, 03:35 AM
SinCity R/T
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you have extensive experience with the Dakota R/T & Magnum engine platform, you're probably better off skipping the turbocharger idea - only a handful of people have these in their trucks and they required an enormous amount of R&D to get it to work (in some cases, it didn't work).

The Paxton Novi-2000 supercharger seems to be the best supercharger package for the R/T as far as maximum power, R/T owner knowledge, and tunability is concerned. There is two big R/T performance guys in Florida, you may want to see if they can get ahold of your truck and install some performance goodies before it hops on the boat. One of them is a site sponsor (www.southeastperformance.com), the other is KRC Performance (www.krcperformance.com)

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit / Supercharger