2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Brake Problems

Today went to hardware store about 5-6miles away did about 45mph whole way and some hard stops due to crappy drivers around here. So get there and right away I smelled hot brakes felt my left side wheels they were warm so I moved on and checked right side. The front right was hot so I figured well ill spend some time in there and give it time to cool off(plus it was raining too). Spent about 30-40min in there I could prob tell you the price of everything in there lol. I felt the front right wheel before I left and was still pretty warm but not as much as before. I left and I noticed that it pulls to the right when driving and if you brake it pulls to the left. When I got home I went to the front right wheel and I saw it was smoking. You couldnt hold your hand on the wheel for anymore than 2-3sec because it was so hot. I really dont know what to do. There is enough fluid and brakes are pretty new put on back in june of 08 and prob only have about 3-5,000miles on them. Yesterday it was fine drove it around all weekend and didnt have any problems went up and down the mountain yesterday and didnt smell them. Only thing I did differently to it was week and a half ago I took it out offroading not major or anything but I did cross the creek that was about half way up my wheels then I power washed it the next day. Anyone have a problem like this.

Quick Reply: Brake Problems