Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 2nd Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

trouble code p0171 on 00 4.7L

2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

trouble code p0171 on 00 4.7L

Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Boog287
Default trouble code p0171 on 00 4.7L

Well I finally have a problem with my 00 Dak. P0171-fuel trim lean bank one. The truck is running way rich though. I had a few p0200 codes pop up because of it. So, I think it may be a vaccuum leak, but I cant find anything with a can of carb spray... anyone have this experience yet? I cleared the codes once and only the p0171 came back, but its still running rich.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
unlvrebel

Originally Posted by Boog287 View Post
Well I finally have a problem with my 00 Dak. P0171-fuel trim lean bank one. The truck is running way rich though. I had a few p0200 codes pop up because of it. So, I think it may be a vaccuum leak, but I cant find anything with a can of carb spray... anyone have this experience yet? I cleared the codes once and only the p0171 came back, but its still running rich.
Time to change the 1/1 O2 sensor. It is throwing a false reading of a lean fuel mix. The computer is getting that reading and richening up the mix. Since you did not have a lean mix to begin with, you now have a very rich mix. The 1/1 sensor is located on teh exhaust manifold under the driver side of the vehicle.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
DodgeCrazy88

I would say look into your O2 sensors. I had to unplugg one while doing a different test on my truck and I got that code while the sensor was out, but it went away with the sensor back in. You probably have one before and after your cat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: trouble code p0171 on 00 4.7L

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: