2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My new MOMO Steering Wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 PM
big.bryant
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one sentence: "make my day."

anyone comes into my house unwelcome and they will be leaving in a body bag.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bpark8824
I still to do this day will never understand how that works. Someone breaks into my house and gets hurt doing so and IM AT FAULT? Seriously a would love to punch the theif and the judge right in the head.

Sueing in general is f***ed up. Even if someone wasn't paying attention or something and hit your car. I would never sue. Because its BS. Everyone makes mistakes and unless im God I have too so im not going to try and take everything a person has because they made one mistake. I like to think how it would make me feel if I were to get sued and lose everything. Thats just low.
If someone hit me and their insurance did not cover mine and my passengers medical expenses and the cost of restoring my truck back to how it was previous to being hit (not just back to stock, that's not acceptable) or the cost it would take me to get another one and equip it similarly then I would either sue their insurance for more or sue them for the difference plus court costs. I feel that's perfectly fair, I don't believe in suing for everything they have but I do believe if they are at fault it's their responsibility to make things right.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:24 PM
bpark8824
Champion

I'll agree with you on that. If they don't have insurance or their insurance won't cover they need to make it right if it's their fault.

A guy at work recently got rear ended and was fine until he realized he could get a settlement then all the sudden he had to miss work and what not because his neck hurt. Then ended up getting a good settlement. I think thats bull...

Old 04-01-2009, 11:38 PM
big.bryant
Champion

ya playing the system isn't wrong... however taking advantage of the system just screwes all the other people who have to pick up the costs that the insurance company incurered in paying out too much money... it isn't right but happens every day

Old 04-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

Originally Posted by magnethead
We had a 65 mustang. Fully restored, fully documented, numbers matching, everything.

A drunk guy on the cell phone on the wrong side of the road going towards the apex of a steep hill near home.

Mom was in correct lane, other side of hill, also going up it.

Yea. totaled 65 Mustang, crunched fron the front, then pitched into a telephone pole sideways.

My dad spend 30 minutes chewing the guy a new butt hole while the police arrested him on DUI. The insurance company only wanted to pay $3000 on the mustang.

Remember i said the car was fully documented?

got enough money to get an 87 camaro Z-28, a boat, and a little money to sit on.
i dont know why....but id like to see that

Originally Posted by big.bryant
ya man, you should've gotten more!

I have no respect for drunk drivers... none at all
does anyone?
Originally Posted by User
the day someone totals my truck is the day you will never see my post again, unless they have internet on death row
and the next day ull hear that you truck magically is being moved to kansas(where i live)
Originally Posted by big.bryant
just break into his house, hurt yourself while stealing something of his and sue him... you will make millions
thats sad...but it happens

Old 04-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by LoudPedal45
and the next day ull hear that you truck magically is being moved to kansas(where i live)
Dude that's pretty ballsy, he'll break out of death row and hunt you down

Old 04-02-2009, 04:50 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
+1 This.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Czechman
Rookie

Originally Posted by bpark8824
I still to do this day will never understand how that works. Someone breaks into my house and gets hurt doing so and IM AT FAULT? Seriously a would love to punch the theif and the judge right in the head.
No, what you need to do is blow his head off while he's in your home and you'll walk. Then you can sue his family for the cost to clean up the mess.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

Originally Posted by Altair
oh you know...ill fix it up and give it back
Originally Posted by User
+1 This.
come onnnnnnnn you gotta believe me!!!
Originally Posted by Czechman
No, what you need to do is blow his head off while he's in your home and you'll walk. Then you can sue his family for the cost to clean up the mess.
thats option one.....make it to where the bad guy cant testify

Old 04-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by Czechman
Sadly enough, my father once asked a state police officer we know what the best course of action was if he had to defend us or himself in the case of a home break in. The above (minus the suing the family) was the response. In addition he was told "make sure you shoot him while he's still in the house, and make sure he's dead, you'll be fine in court if you follow those two rules". When your best legal strategy is to make sure you kill the intruder rather than just wound him you know something has gone horribly wrong with our legal system...

Quick Reply: My new MOMO Steering Wheel...