2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

TSM MFG rear disc brake conversion for Dakotas and Durangos

Old 04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
earthhavoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSM MFG rear disc brake conversion for Dakotas and Durangos

For those of who are looking for a brand new but less expensive alternative to the ssbc or viper kits, take a look at The Street Manufacturing Co. disc brake kit. This kit has been around for a while. I'm suprised no one has mentioned it yet.

http://www.tsmmfg.com/2552.htm

It says you can use it on any Chrylser 8.25" or 9.25".

I did this kit for a Ford 9" that I put on my 93' XJ a few years ago. I was running a 15" x 10" wheel with 36" x 12.5" TSL radials and also had a Ford E-350 1" master cylinder on it.

It used a 76-85' Cadillac Eldorado caliper with parking brake. There is a link on which calipers you can use.

They worked extremely well for my XJ. I had no problems with the kit. It was easy to install and work with.

The kit only comes with the brackets and is around $260 a pair.

Each caliper was like $45, brand new through NAPA, but that was 5 years ago. There more expensive now, of course. It's a smaller caliper so you can fit a stock 15" wheel on it easily.

Hope that helps some of you.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:22 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

nice link, i've never heard of them but they look like they might work,
i'd have to actually see them on a truck first though

Old 04-04-2009, 03:13 PM
earthhavoc

I'll have to find my pictures. I sold the Jeep, but I still have the pictures in one of my external hard drives.

The brackets are strong and those calipers work well. I was having difficulty locking my 36" up with just the front disc and rear drum and the E350 cylinder. But they locked up immediately after putting those rear calipers on.

Here's a guy who used it on a full floating Dana 60 running TSL 38" tires. If he can lock the brakes running that big of an axle and tire, people on this forum should have no troubles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSM MFG rear disc brake conversion for Dakotas and Durangos