2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Rear Speakers + Trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM
ammmze
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Speakers + Trim

Hey there,

I have a 2000 Dakota Sport Regular Cab

So I am looking into hooking up my rear speakers. They were disconnected when I got the truck. Since getting the truck I added a second amp for sub I added. There was already a 2 channel amp in there powering the front speakers. I am assuming I can connect the rears up to the head unit and have the rest going out to the amps right?

Other question, and main question is the trim pieces for the rear are held in by these push in fasteners, that are very brittle and obviously break when you pull the trim out. I was wondering where to buy new clips/fasteners and if there is an alternative fastener you can get that is made of metal or something. Thanks

EDIT: I found many fasteners at autozone.com. I am sure some of those will work. I will just have to take one in and I can go from there. Oh I guess they are classified as retainers by autozone.
Here are the retainers at autozone
If anybody knows which one are the best let us know!

Last edited by ammmze; 05-02-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:21 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

napa or dealership for the tree fasteners

Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 PM
ammmze

Hey thanks for the reply. I am guessing dealership would be pricey...lol. I am sure napa has similar selection to autozone.
Thanks

Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM
ibcnul8r
Professional

Try calling a few autobody repair places. Or detailing shops in your area. I live in Auburn, Wa. and I'm lucky. I have a store in my area that sells all the stuff for autobody and detailing busineses. They also sell retail. I bought some door edge molding for pretty cheap and I have plenty left over. You name it for cleaning or painting cars......and they have it

Check the phone book in your area for a place like that.

Good luck!!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes you can connect the rear speakers to the radio and leave the front speakers connected to the 2 channel amp. You can find the fasteners at any good parts store, cheapest price is probably at Advance or Autozone. It will be the same part no matter where you buy it. They don't make them in metal but if you want a good tight fit try putting in some 3M automotive strip-type sealer. It's black and is sold in a box of strips of it about 8 inches long. It's really sticky and will help the retainer pins hold in place tighter if you put some in each hole where the retainer pins line up. Probably have to buy it at Napa or a body shop supply house.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Rear Speakers + Trim