2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

flowmaster outlaw muffler

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I dont need a tip on my muffler. tho it will burn the grass nicely

Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 PM
revdodge600sdi
Professional

Originally Posted by fldodge4x4
I love my flowmaster 40s. best exhaust ever
FLDODGE:
what size tires do you have on that black truck in your signature? i have 16s on my truck and i wanted to go as high as i could on the tire without rasing it and your truck looks like exactly what im looking for

Old 06-11-2009, 10:10 PM
JMNeel
Rookie

Originally Posted by User
you wont pick up 200hp but it frees up the exhaust flow and should let things exhaust better, as long as you have a cat and muffler your BP should be fine... the dump will also give it more of a deeper race tone. Due to it echoing back and forth from the ground and truck
USER:
you say "as long as you have a cat and muffler your BP should be fine" but in the same situation but no cat would the BP be ok or would you have to put some more pipe in there to make up for no cat? I wanna do this with my ram which has stock exhaust now. basically gut the cat then have a muffler then side exit before left rear tire

Thanks

Old 06-11-2009, 10:18 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

Originally Posted by JMNeel
USER:
you say "as long as you have a cat and muffler your BP should be fine" but in the same situation but no cat would the BP be ok or would you have to put some more pipe in there to make up for no cat? I wanna do this with my ram which has stock exhaust now. basically gut the cat then have a muffler then side exit before left rear tire

Thanks
you would have to put sooooo muh pipe under there to even come close to the same amount of back pressure. of you put some turns and bends in it, that will be some kind of BP. but you would be completely fine with no cat and no "replacement" pipe. it might just pop a little on decel.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:19 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JMNeel
USER:

Thanks
Alot of people run without cats, or "gutted" cats for inspection reasons, Backpressure is a bit over worried about. Unless you have a v6 or cyl, loss of BP wont hurt the v8s due to the awesome amount of low end torque.

Running straight headers would be bad probably, but i dont know what it could do i have heard burn valves ect... but i have no first hand experiance with the outcome.

Running a ypipe or xpipe creates BP at the x and y sections of the pipe, a muffler also slows down the exhuast rate as it goes though the mazes inside in the mufflers.. cats also slow it down

Deleteing the cat and just running a muffler should be fine, but i warn you it WILL BE LOUD, and you will get more police attention..

I have PPHs, ypipe, high flow cat, and spin tech race muffler and my **** is loud... i get **** from the cops all the time, they dont beleive i have a cat on it or muffler...

You can do it, but i dont suggest it.. it will be to loud and actually be more annoying them anything on long trips.. but if you just want to **** everyone off from a 1 mile range go for it.. lol...

Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
reddakota34
Professional

Well im gonna get a single in single out, but i dont no were to place it, do i place it right in front of the y pipe or? And also flowmaster makes to flowmaster outlaws they make a long one and shory one can anyone tell me the differnt each one would make in sound and performance?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

the short one will be louder.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:17 AM
reddakota34
Professional

does the outlaw resrict any like will it make it a little deeper and make it have a little more back pressure?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:29 AM
reddakota34
Professional

bump.

Quick Reply: flowmaster outlaw muffler