2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Custom Exhaust ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 PM
DirtyDodge23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Exhaust ???

i have a 2001 dodge dakota 4.7 v8 and i was wondering if anybody could give me some good reason to cut my cat off...cause i wanted to go true dual flowmaster and i heard cutting the cat off made it louder BUT is also illegal in my state.......oh and btw i keep hearing about all you guys crashing your trucks and the storys behind him.......well....my story is sad...

Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, its illegal here in illinois too but i dont really give a ****, emissions testing here is just a matter of an OBD II scan and nothing more so unless you get pulled over by a really DICK cop that decides to look under my truck i'm ok. what state? you should llok more into it. i have full exhaust, long tubes into hooker muffler no cats, it sounds great.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 PM
wingerak92
Captain

You could always go with a dual in/dual out cat. It is an extra hundred bucks. I got that on mine and it sounds great

Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 PM
DirtyDodge23

ya thats kinda what i was thinking too...unless i hit a chipmunk and flip my truck over i should be just fine, the cops will never have to see under my truck lol

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001
well, its illegal here in illinois too but i dont really give a ****, emissions testing here is just a matter of an OBD II scan and nothing more so unless you get pulled over by a really DICK cop that decides to look under my truck i'm ok. what state? you should llok more into it. i have full exhaust, long tubes into hooker muffler no cats, it sounds great.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Removing the cat is a FEDERAL offense, illegal everywhere regardless of inspections. You can make your exhaust PLENTY loud without removing the cat.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 AM
wingerak92
Captain

Thats where my idea is king

Old 06-20-2009, 11:54 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the feds can kiss my hairy white ***. cat laws are rediculous for trucks. so are seatbelt laws, and gun control laws.

in case you cant tell, im republican (AKA, AMERICAN)

Old 06-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001
the feds can kiss my hairy white ***. cat laws are rediculous for trucks. so are seatbelt laws, and gun control laws.

in case you cant tell, im republican (AKA, AMERICAN)
And you're an idiot. I could care less if you don't wear your seatbelt, until you get thrown from your seat and then have no more control of the vehicle and it smashes into me or my family, that's why seatbelt laws exist, it's not about your hairy white ***, it's about everyone else using the road. Gun control I agree.

Hi flow cats aren't that expensive, and makes it so nobody else has to smell your POS driving down the road like it's the 1960s. I could care less about the environment but nobody else wants to smell that so you could gain 5hp.

Last edited by Hahns5.2; 06-20-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
And you're an idiot. I could care less if you don't wear your seatbelt, until you get thrown from your seat and then have no more control of the vehicle and it smashes into me or my family, that's why seatbelt laws exist, it's not about your hairy white ***, it's about everyone else using the road. Gun control I agree.

Hi flow cats aren't that expensive, and makes it so nobody else has to smell your POS driving down the road like it's the 1960s. I could care less about the environment but nobody else wants to smell that so you could gain 5hp.
oh damn lets make this a sob sob story...he could hit a bus full of kids just because the cats are making the driver of the bus sickly feeling and pass out and pull out in front of RT and then swerve in front and thus RT would have to hit him and cause a world wide incident all because his cat is gone....come on lets make this little thing into a huge deal that kills everyone and make you mister right and were alll wrong GET A ****ING LIFE

as for the smell...just pass him so you dont have to deal with it!!!
oh but wait he might hit a pothole and flip the truck and kill the family, oh damn, cant do that!!!!!

and im pretty sure long tubes on a 5.9 gave him more then 5HP

Old 06-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by LoudPedal45
oh damn lets make this a sob sob story...he could hit a bus full of kids just because the cats are making the driver of the bus sickly feeling and pass out and pull out in front of RT and then swerve in front and thus RT would have to hit him and cause a world wide incident all because his cat is gone....come on lets make this little thing into a huge deal that kills everyone and make you mister right and were alll wrong GET A ****ING LIFE

as for the smell...just pass him so you dont have to deal with it!!!
oh but wait he might hit a pothole and flip the truck and kill the family, oh damn, cant do that!!!!!

and im pretty sure long tubes on a 5.9 gave him more then 5HP
Since when are long tubes and cats the same thing?

You're completely blowing my statement out of proportion. Nobody wants to smell it so you can have a few HP, that's it, and that's all.

And I DO pass ******** who drive smelly cars And I probably deafen the ones who have their windows down with my "catted" truck.

Quick Reply: Custom Exhaust ???