2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Crash!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
DirtyDodge23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash!

I want to hear about your worst crash or any crash you had actually...mine is quite embarrassing.......I was trying to get a car wash when my rear tire didnt want to line up in the metal rollers so i stepped on the gas to try to move my rear tire in place...low and behold my 4.7 v8 decides to jump the rail and smash right into the cashier box ....the truck had a broken headlight and a huge dent in the fender....the cashier had a small dent in the plastic and a cracked change cup....thanks Dodge ....lol.....if you cant dodge it, ram it and if you cant ram it, well then stop trying to drive through car washes lol thats what my friend told me after it happended

Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 AM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These is not a crashes I had, but they are still a good ones. I worked for over 3 years in a body shop while going to school, so I saw some crazy ****.

First one... early fall '07, a lady was driving her '08 Chevy Suburban though a mall parking lot. This Suburban was fully loaded with a $52,000 sticker price. It had less than 1,000 miles on it and 30 day tags. The lady ran it right into a cement light post and TOTALED it!!!!! (total is 75% of the value, so think about that). Both frame rails were bent, the engine was shoved back into the firewall, one wheel was half ripped off and every airbag in the thing was deployed... plus all the body damage.

Another one... this guy was driving down some backroads and a deer jumped THROUGH his DRIVERS DOOR WINDOW and landed half in his lap. Now nothing I can say can do justice to this car, because picture blood, guts, and fur all down the drivers side and inside the car and the deers heart was lying on the dashboard. Needless to say the insurance company did him a favor and totalled it cause the smell was not coming out.

Another one... fall '06. A local honda dealership had a entire row of '07 honda accords sitting in a row in one of their back parking lots waiting to be put into inventory, blah blah blah. Well a thunderstorm knocked down a 3 foot wide oak tree which proceeded to land across 8 or 9 of them and flatten them. And then it happened again exactly 1 year later with a row of '08s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 95_318SLT; 06-22-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I lost control of a 1997 Chevy 1500 at 85MPH, did about 3 doughnuts in the road before slamming into a tree. Luckily I hit the tree and didn't slide about 3 feet further, miss the tree and roll down into a 20' drop off.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

i wasent paying attention lookign aat cute girls and rear ended a f-150

look at sig pic!!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:22 AM
batman13
Grand Champion

didnt quite see the light change in time.....
chevy conversion van got me good

Old 06-20-2009, 11:30 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back in high school iused to put in hours working for my mom who is an insurance agent. i would have to drive and take pictures of accidents and whatnot and i saw some crazy crazy stuff. here are 2 of my favorites:

lady had a squirrel jump through her open sun roof at an intersection and land on her head. she freaked out and punched the gas, and hit a hummer. she was driving a civic. game over (for the civic).

a guy had a cow total his sprinter, he was driving down in marsielles IL and a com literally fell off an overhanging cliff like 30 feet up and landed on his van. no one believed it but if you saw these pictures there is no doubt what happened. idk if i can post them here because of whatever laws, but i'll look into it.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:27 PM
DirtyDodge23

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001
back in high school iused to put in hours working for my mom who is an insurance agent. i would have to drive and take pictures of accidents and whatnot and i saw some crazy crazy stuff. here are 2 of my favorites:

lady had a squirrel jump through her open sun roof at an intersection and land on her head. she freaked out and punched the gas, and hit a hummer. she was driving a civic. game over (for the civic).

a guy had a cow total his sprinter, he was driving down in marsielles IL and a com literally fell off an overhanging cliff like 30 feet up and landed on his van. no one believed it but if you saw these pictures there is no doubt what happened. idk if i can post them here because of whatever laws, but i'll look into it.
wheres the beef?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

With enough ice and a whole lot of bad luck I found out you can roll a truck at 28mph...

DSC00173640x480.jpg

DSC00176640x480.jpg

Old 06-20-2009, 08:06 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001

lmfao, thats hilarious
my uncle was almost killed by a horse that ran off a cliff like 50 feet above him and it landed on the passenger side roof of the car he was driving. if it wouldve landed on the driver side he woulda died.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:19 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never had one(knock on wood) but just today going to the beach one accident was on right shoulder of highway cop was there and was trying to get as much traffic as possible into the left lane. After the accident(20 feet) guy in left lane cut over to right then everyone else started to hit there brakes in the right lane so he cut back over to the left lane and I just happen to see this from about 4-6 cars back no more than a 1/4 of a mile from the accident the guy that I was just talking about nailed a f150 that was stopped in the left lane due to another accident. As I passed you could tell he hit hard cause the f150s bed had wrinkles in it. If only the guy would of waited in the right lane but no he was in a hurry and ended up in a accident.

Quick Reply: Crash!