2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need some help with ODB codes plz.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:43 PM
ThePJ1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with ODB codes plz.

Hey guys, this is my first time here, i read through some posts hoping to find an answer to my problem, but i didnt.

I have a 97 dakota sport, v6, automatic. A few days ago after going through the carwash it started to splutter while driving. Seemed like the rpms would drop right down, no peddle response from the accerator, then it would come back and be ok for a bit. Seemed minor until it started happening regularly,and would also backfire, then it would stall out completely, not start for about 5-10 mins. the check engine light never came on. I put dry gas in, some fuel system cleaner. Changed the wires, dist cap, rotor, the plugs looked fine. Air filter. Took the air intake off, made sure it was clean, pulled the ground from battery, fender, cleaned em up. Still runs really crappy, stalling, power loss, i pulled the plug on the map sensor, started the truck, check engine light came on so i plugged the map back in and went to autozone.

top of the slip says
OEM #to cross P0351
OEM #to cross P0108

Then it says could be like 15 different things, im just trying to narrow it down, im not rich and ide like to spend the least amount of money i have to. any help would be appreciated, thanks

Pete

Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM
huseman808
Captain

P0108 (M) Map Sensor Voltage To High MAP sensor input above maximum acceptable voltage.

P0351 (M) Ignition Coil #1 Primary Circuit Peak Primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time.

try a new map sensor.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that p0108 is from you unplugging it.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM
ThePJ1

I figured that one was from me unplugging the map sensor, but the other one im not sure about. So it seems like the ignition coil then? Would an ignition coil cause a truck to run like that? Im no mechanic, i do my own work but i do it by the book unless its something simple like brakes or changing out easy crap like alts, water pumps and stuff.

Quick Reply: Need some help with ODB codes plz.