2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

blew the rear end...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:15 PM
HK_JJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blew the rear end...

hey guys just a question i blew the rear end last nite on my 2000 r/t all the little rings and spider gears are chewed....what options for a rear end do i have? does it have to be another r/t or will a diff gear set from a dakota work if its a 12 bolt also??

Old 07-09-2009, 12:37 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think thats the chrysler 9.25 get it rebuilt with something other than stock...auburn makes some nice lsd's but anything will be better than the crappy c-clip stocker.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:37 PM
big.bryant
Champion

you can do an auburn lsd swap and throw in some lower gears (all the way up to 4.56) and it will scream.

i would say go that route and dont try to replace it with a stock r/t rear end, especially if you plan on making some power, as it will just get shreded again

Old 07-11-2009, 11:32 AM
HK_JJ

i ended up picking up a parts truck (99 r/t) so im juss gonna throw dat rear end in it for now will def lok into upgrading it tho. now for the fluid wat fluid do i put in it. i kno i have to get an additive but does anywhere other than the dealer sell it. what fluid do u guys use? anyone try the quakerstate high performance with lcd additive???

Quick Reply: blew the rear end...