2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tint Question (pop-out windows)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
craiggles09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your not supposed to not be able to see through the back and rear side windows. its a cop issue i guess. i got pulled over at a red light and he was right beside me and couldn't see through the tint so i got a warning and 30 days to remove it.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Jhdearing

I doubt that the side windows are regulated as far as tinting is concerned. They usually arent. In most states they will allow darker window films on trucks behind the front 2 doors. At least that is how it is here in Georgia...

Old 12-15-2009, 07:29 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

they count as rear side windows, i know in OH the only windows that are regulated are the front 2 and the windshield the side rears and the rear, have no limit

the owner of the stereo shop i go to has 95%(vlb) on the rear sides and the back window of all his vehicles, never been pulled over for it he says.

and FYI, idk about the pop-out windows, but i know for a fact that the rear window, is "smoked", not tinted, it actually the glass thats tinted dark

Old 12-15-2009, 08:45 PM
ramitt360
Professional

usually its just the 2 front door windows have a limit and the windshield cannot be touched, but the back can be as dark as you want. I don't know about all states but a majority of them are like that. As for tinting over factory tint.. When i got my ram i wanted to black out the windows even though it was illegal and the factory tint on back wasn't enough. So i tinted right over them and it looks perfectly fine. My first tint job too I'm very picky and re did my front doors a couple of times until i liked it but the back came out great. Then everyone and their brother wanted me to tint their windows and kinda started my own little side business hah

Old 12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
ramitt360
Professional

my tint is very illegal but i haven't been bothered with it. I've been from Maine to Florida never been stopped for it. Most cops wont bother with that nonsense and even have illegal tint on their own vehicles lol I knew a few. Really depends on who you run into and the mood they are in.

Quick Reply: Tint Question (pop-out windows)