2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

02 Dakota only blowing air out the floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
botig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Dakota only blowing air out the floor

No matter where the switch is positioned it only blows air out the floor and none through the dash. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i doubt that switch is defective, that would be one of the last things to look at. id get a chilton manual and get your hvac system out of your dash board or at least access to the blend door to make sure its not caught up on something. could also be the blend door motor is shot. start digging and looking for the issue, does your heat control, all 4 fan speeds work, and the a/c button work (actually lights up and blows refrigerated conditioned air). if all 4 fan speeds dont work, just high or high medium, thats the rheostat. its located in the passenger foot well with 5 or 6 wires going into it. thats a common problem. howeverwont be related to the blend door problem.)

Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 PM
huseman808
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be having the same issue with my truck. All four fan speeds work, and it will blow a/c and warm air when set. But it only comes out through the floor and the defrosters on the top of the dash by the windshield.

Quick Reply: 02 Dakota only blowing air out the floor