2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Preformance and Durability

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Cam203Magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preformance and Durability

Hi. I bought a 2000 Dodge Dakota in Feb. and they've been known to have lots of problems. When i bought the truck the brakes were messed up but are being fixed and recently the automatic lock on the passenger side is making a loud noise when it locks and just last night i was driving home from work when my trucks RPMs would just go crazy and i lost power and the check engine light came on. Ok so if anyone has had this kind of problem could you tell me what it could be and if you got it fixed does it come back again?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Spear_em
Default RE: Preformance and Durability

Um, No they're NOT known to have lots of problems.....Sorry to say, but you just bought someone else's problems that they didn't wanna fix, so they traded it off!!!!

Old 03-30-2005, 09:47 PM
hoobasta4
Rookie
Default RE: Preformance and Durability

Ya, they are NOT known for having problems. Just that you hear about a few. They are just like any other vehicle. The main thing you heard was about the ball joints. Things happen. Remember the huge tire controversy that Ford had from Firestone a few years back, causing people to crash? It happens. It sucks that we have problems. I just had the ball joints replaced, and came to find out that the rack & pinion were leaking. But the dealership replaced it for free ($800 minimum to fix). Sure, it seems like things are apparent and seem to reoccur, but think of this. This may seem like a stupid analogy, BUT.. You bought a 2000 Dodge Dakota, and when you drive, you tend to see a lot of Dakotas, don't you? It is that way because of what you're driving! SO, you hear about the problems with Dakotas and it seems like it happens a lot! See what I mean? I'm more than sure that Chevy and Ford have their share of problems...

Hooby

Quick Reply: Preformance and Durability