2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

I need your help R/T owners, please

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Batmans
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00DakR/T
I need an armrest for mine too. It looks like the sides exploded. And for some reason, the previous owner used a cream colored A-pillar trim piece from either a 01-04 Dakota or a Durango. You can see the white paint on the pillar between the trim and dash. Really odd...
Yes, exactly. The arm rest does look like it exploded, lol. I really need the front fender flare like my rear has. I need to get my truck repainted hopefully by Spring. The roof has a few bad spots where the clear coat has come off. Do you have roof issues? I'm keeping the truck in the garage and out of bad weather, so hopefully that helps until I get it painted.

What color is your interior? Your previous owner must be color blind, lol.

Originally Posted by CSCustomCars
Haynes really do suck. Chilton is much better, but nothing beats the factory repair manual.

On another note and good way to tell if your using the proper octane is put the truck under load going up a steep hill. If it starts to ping a bit, you might want to consider going up in octane. Some pinging may be present, but if you have the knowledge to know Haynes suck, I'm sure you can tell the difference between some normal light stress induced pinging and abnormal pinging.
Haynes are just awful. Ok in some areas, but overall just awful. I would love to get an owners manual and repair manual that actually is helpful.

So far 89 octane is alright, but I honestly haven't driven it too far to really see if its the proper octane. I have some steep hills locally. I'll take the truck up some hills tomorrow and see how it does. Thank you for your tips .

Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is it "chipped"? JET? Mopar PCM? Superchips? Custom flash? SCT?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 PM
00DakR/T
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any issues with my paint, other than it really needs to be hand waxed. I use that spray detailer stuff, but its not as good. I did get a mysterious black streak/roof dent/torn tonneau one time tho. I still dunno how that happened but whatever it was did it all. My interior is charcoal, and the cream a-pillar trim is actually the correct color because the pillars usually match the headliner, which is also cream. Just happens to be the totally wrong piece.

Oh and on your manual thing, I downloaded the 2000 manual thats in the stickies for this forum, and its page for page the MOPAR shop manual. Check it out.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ I did too now that the link actually worked.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Dodge Rules
Professional

Sorry if i am just bumbling or just adding info that has already been stated. Mid-will do just fine you will get a slight knock but not as bad as regular. i have put 91-93 depends were you are but i did not really see a huge difference it felt slightly snappier and as for the manual i am sure you could find one on ebay if you snooped around. Yeah i am looking for an armrest also it sarted bulging out on the sides and then one day i got in and noticed that it had cracked stright down the middle. good luck and nice choice.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Batmans

Originally Posted by Dodge Rules
Sorry if i am just bumbling or just adding info that has already been stated. Mid-will do just fine you will get a slight knock but not as bad as regular. i have put 91-93 depends were you are but i did not really see a huge difference it felt slightly snappier and as for the manual i am sure you could find one on ebay if you snooped around. Yeah i am looking for an armrest also it sarted bulging out on the sides and then one day i got in and noticed that it had cracked stright down the middle. good luck and nice choice.
I called the previous owner and he says he used 93 in the truck. I filled it up with 89 and its not very snappy like you say. Its sluggish 30+mpg.

So I'm assuming the arm rests was a issue for R/T. Well that's better than some recalls I've seen for other vehicle's.

I think its the perfect choice too. The truck fits me perfectly. It's small with a nice motor and I'm small with a big mouth, lol.

Originally Posted by 00DakR/T
I don't have any issues with my paint, other than it really needs to be hand waxed. I use that spray detailer stuff, but its not as good. I did get a mysterious black streak/roof dent/torn tonneau one time tho. I still dunno how that happened but whatever it was did it all. My interior is charcoal, and the cream a-pillar trim is actually the correct color because the pillars usually match the headliner, which is also cream. Just happens to be the totally wrong piece.

Oh and on your manual thing, I downloaded the 2000 manual thats in the stickies for this forum, and its page for page the MOPAR shop manual. Check it out.
My interior is all charcoal too even the pillars. The only thing beige/cream is the visors, headliner and headliner console thingy.

I'm a fan of Meguiar's. I use the wax, the interior spray, and even tire spray, lol.

Hey thanks for the manual ! I'm going to go check that out. I appreciate that very much.

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
How is it "chipped"? JET? Mopar PCM? Superchips? Custom flash? SCT?
Good question, I don't know. Honestly I don't know much about chips. How do you find out? I never asked the previous owner. I thought it came stock with the truck when he told me.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the PCM itself, if there is a sticker that says "Mopar Perfromance" it needs premium. If it doesn't and there isn't a JET module plugged in line with the factory connectors, and the PO didn't give you a tuner with the truck, it's most likely a stock tune and will run just fine on 87.

Quick Reply: I need your help R/T owners, please