2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what dumb things make you fail inspection

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 PM
tamcnally
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpark8824
haha in Vermont if you show up you basically pass lol. My girlfriends reverse lights stopped working a week or so before inspection and they didn't care. She said they checked her blinkers and headlights, and thats about it... A real joke and obviously just a way to make $20.

dude vt's in there own world. its crazy. my truck doeant have parking brakes and it didnt have tail lights when it went in for inspection and it was out the door with a new sticker in less than 10 minutes. the best part was they didnt even say a word to me about it.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:42 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

I don't have inspections

Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 PM
big.bryant
Champion

Originally Posted by varsis
I don't have inspections
lol thats a good thing cuz there ain't no way in hell you would make it through

Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know the garage i goto so they either just fix the small things or tell me to fix it and still pass it but i have had pretty ****ty luck the last few...ball joints 2 years ago so a $400 inspection and shocks like 3 years ago that one was like $400 for some other **** too oh yeah $700 2 years ago for the rear end rebuild too even tho that passed but that is when i found out it was broken

Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best was when i had firestone put their m/ts on my truck and had them do an inspection as well. guy tells me il fail inspection cause of my bald tires.. i told him look further down the work order and he'll see a surprise. he saw the tires and walked away. i get a phone call later on from them, third brake light was out (i knew it, forgot about it). "$25 replace the bulb" i told her shes out of her mind for a 20¢ bulb and 1 minute of labor time... she called me back and said they'll do it for 8 bucks, told her fine, wasnt worth my time and gas to run around to get the bulb, head back to my garage at school where my tools were, and then drive back to firestone.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 PM
CountryGirl91

The place I go, you pay, they scrap the old sticker off, and put on the new. That is the process, I swear! I love it- no checking of anything!

Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

yea my truck definitely wont pass next year, i just tinted my brake lights black

Old 10-06-2009, 05:32 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never failed an inspection, but thats because when I have a car or truck (usually the beaters) that I know won't pass I take it to my guy who passes it no matter what...

But yeah my Nice cars always pass. I have an inspectors license so I know what's required to pass, and always make sure everything is in check before I go.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 PM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

shi t i will be shafted when i move to VA. cracked windshield, tint, sticker, piaas, and probably my exhaust. i should probably stay in kansas, lol.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by thunder98110
shi t i will be shafted when i move to VA. cracked windshield, tint, sticker, piaas, and probably my exhaust. i should probably stay in kansas, lol.
if youve got you cats and a muffler your exhaust will be fine, tint the place i went only said they check the front windshield they dont have anything to do with the sides and back, thats the po pos beef, piaas if they r on a seperate switch and have covers u'll be fine i have the KCs on the front and put my smiley face covers on and they didnt say anything, cracked windshield you will fail for, they fail you if u have any stickers besides the state inspection sticker and military tags on the windshield plus tint cant extend more than 3" down from top

if u r moving to VA, what part?

Quick Reply: what dumb things make you fail inspection