2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what dumb things make you fail inspection

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what dumb things make you fail inspection

so my buddy and eye just had our trucks inspected, and being in Virginia everything is illegal, they were gonna fail me because my brush guard was in front of my headlights but i was able to take them off there, they failed my buddy because his foglights were on a seperate switch and wouldnt turn off when his highbeams were on, oooo big deal, as well as apparently the led brake strips are illegal here, i hate inspection rules

what dumb things have you been failed for lol

Old 10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha in Vermont if you show up you basically pass lol. My girlfriends reverse lights stopped working a week or so before inspection and they didn't care. She said they checked her blinkers and headlights, and thats about it... A real joke and obviously just a way to make $20.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
rickmeseke
Professional

this is why i like living in the middle of no where. no emmissions or anything at alll

Old 10-05-2009, 09:02 PM
United
Rookie

Wow, thats pretty strict. I'm from VA too and I've been fortunate enough to never have to worry about that.

You need to find you one of those drive in places. We've got a place where you drive your car in, honk your horn, turn on your lights and you've got a new sticker in the window.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:11 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

ive got 1 wiper, my taillights are painted red so my reverse is red, open wheel tubs in the bed no wheel tubs in the front, headers, no cat, FM40, jet chip, 3/4" space between the frame and the axle, my engine crossmember is totally capable of touching the ground whenever i damn well please,no carpet on the floor or back wall, bucket seats from a celica, 2 5 gallon airtanks in the bed with a big *** gauge that normally reads 200PSI....

Ohio has no inspections hehehe

Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

yea i know of a couple places that will just pass it, but i drove by and lot was empty so i went in, didnt think my truck would fail because of those bars, but without the side bars it looks like a police push bar all i need to do is mount my pa speaker and a couple of blue strobes and i can make people get the **** outa the way lol

Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 PM
big.bryant
Champion

yeah no inspections here either

Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

whats an inspection haha they,ve all been writen off

Old 10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! I'm lucky that my hometown in Illinois doesn't require inspections, and neither does where I'm stationed in Arkansas.

Some places are just ridiculous. I understand legitimate safety issues, but a brushguard, or fog lights? Please...

Old 10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

I got failed once because the plastic holder on one side of my OBD scanner harness was broken making one side loose. so after driving 15 miles back home...just drilled a hole on the metal and put a paperclip around the harness and hold really well....I passed, anyway.

Quick Reply: what dumb things make you fail inspection