2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Power seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 04:41 PM
984x4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat

Driver's power seat will not move, up,down back and forth. Got power to the switch. A while back my Cocker Spaniel found some plastic parts under the seat and gave them a good chew. One of the parts appears to be a clamp or some silly thing to hold 2 pieces of metal together, and the other part was a broken piece of nylon-plastic.

Now the hard part. I was hoping to remove the seat to see what the dog chewed parts were and where they went so that I could order replacements. I cannot remove the back mounting bolts with the seat in the rearward position. The seat will not move. It appears that whatever broke, it's jambing up the seat tracks so the seat will not move.

How can I get the seat to move foreward so that I can remove it to find out what's wrong?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If you can't get the back bolts off just do the front bolts and try to get in from the front.

Don't know if it will have it but you can check the Stickys at the top of this section for the service manual.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Power seat