2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Stopping by...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:09 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stopping by...

Haven't been here in awhile, due to the whole demoting thing lol.

Figure i would stop in and see if any of the old people done anything with the trucks.

Mine blew a head gasket and also floated my cly8 exhaust valve and crushed the spring.

Replaced everything, got .600lift Springs in there now for the new cam thats going in as soon as i pick up my heads. Polished up the pistons and cleaned it up a bit, runs like a champ again.

only thing i have done to my truck for the past few months is fix all the messed up ****. Leaking power steering pump, coolant leak, oil consumption due to bad valve seals, i took my engine harness out and re wrapped it and made it look like new.

Right now i have a set of GiSM Billet Fuel rails about to go on within the next week when my fittings arrive, got a set of yukon 4.56 gears waiting to go in, got a Comp Cam 218/224 .561/.569 113 going in, and a set of 2.02 Indy Heads. After that its lower the compression to 8.1 - 8.5/1 and grab a blower. Have SCT and Sean waiting to tune it.

Got to save about 600$ to get the heads, and then ill be golden for the final bolt ons. Its going to be sick.

I also finally got my side mirrors and door handles painted to match the truck. Here are some new photos of it..

Last edited by User; 12-20-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:52 PM
chris1974
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin' pretty damn good, man. I've always liked your truck..

Old 12-19-2009, 11:56 PM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by chris1974
Lookin' pretty damn good, man. I've always liked your truck..
Hey im actually thinking of expanding my club to the Houston/Austin area. Ill be looking for a President for that Region as i will not be able to show at the meets in that area with me being in DFW and all, but ill run the site and fixed/update things i Just need someone to put things together like meets, and a little moderation.

Im Thinking about HAADakotas.com but im not sure yet, or maybe LoneStarDakotas.com for the Houston/Austin Area Guys.

Is there any local clubs where your at?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 AM
chris1974
Veteran

hmmm....how 'bout OutlawDakatos.com?? You know...texas outlaw? It just came to mind for some reason..lol

I'm not too sure about clubs in the area. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time at work, and on the rare occasion that I am off, I usually spend it playing with my RC cars, or babysitting. I've got three kids and the wifey usually works on the weekends, so....I don't get as much time as I would like to do stuff like that. Sounds like an awesome idea though, man.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:30 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

user what headlights do you have?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:43 AM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by chris1974
hmmm....how 'bout OutlawDakatos.com?? You know...texas outlaw? It just came to mind for some reason..lol

I'm not too sure about clubs in the area. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time at work, and on the rare occasion that I am off, I usually spend it playing with my RC cars, or babysitting. I've got three kids and the wifey usually works on the weekends, so....I don't get as much time as I would like to do stuff like that. Sounds like an awesome idea though, man.
Ill keep that in mind about the site name.

And it sounds like you got alot going on.

Originally Posted by wink2873
user what headlights do you have?
Got them off Ebay awhile back, i just did a quick search and did not see the ones i bought, it was a package deal. It came with the corners and the head i think they where like 80$ for the pair.. i cant remember. Although they dont fit right, i still need to take them off and fit them better just been to lazy...

o yeah i also installed HIDs

Old 12-20-2009, 01:01 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

user how did you do the rad. shroud delete? i have been looking for a way to clean up my engine bay for a while.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:04 AM
User
Champion

I took it off and threw it in the trash...

I dont use window washer fluid, and i just have a hose run down for my overflow by the radiator. I did have a bottle to catch it but i said screw it and tossed it to. lol.

Not hard to do... i think 2 bolts hold it on.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:13 AM
bpark8824
Champion

Damn she looks awesome. Between the headlights, painted mirrors, and painted handles, it looks a TON better. Engine looks awesome too. I think they look cool w/ the old school air cleaner right top look to it...

She looks good.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 AM
batman13
Grand Champion

whats up man,

i got some stuff done too

got the front on air and the *** dropped 5"

wheeltubs in hte bed welded in

SS header, 2" pipe to a flomaster 40 dumped, and jet chip

bucket seats in,

subbox and a center console started