2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2 interior issues?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 PM
somebodynowhere
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 interior issues?

First is the fan on my temp control module only works on the highest setting. And the second is the lights don't work on my gauges..I'm assuming that's a fuse I just havn't gotten to it yet since the truck is in the transmission shop

Old 12-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the fan it sounds like you need a new blower motor resistor block. Shouldn't cost much at the dealer and it wasn't hard to replace on my dad's Ram. If you look under the passenger side dash at the heater box find the blower motor and look for a small connector with a few wires running into it near the motor. I think there were two screws to remove it.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:41 PM
somebodynowhere
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Altair, do you remember about how much it was? And I forgot I had another problem I only have one cigarette lighter that works, The one in the ash tray, the center console and the other one in the dash don't work. Fuse maybe?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember for sure but I don't think it was very costly. Checking fuses sounds like the place to start for the cigarette lighters.

Quick Reply: 2 interior issues?