2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

another shock question??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:02 AM
willyb8
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another shock question??

ok i've been reading and reading on what shocks to buy for my 01 4wd QC. i've read alot about the bilsteins, monroes, and rancho. i wasn't happy with the ride from ranchos on my jeep so i'm leaning towards bilsteins or monroes. my question is this. i'm looking for a nice smooth ride for a DD. i dont plan on lifting it or go 4wheelin with it at all. got the jeep for that. so i don't want a stiffer ride than stock just smoother. please help i need to get some soon i will be driving it from RI to CO next month. so can anyone compare the 2?

Thanks

Old 12-30-2009, 07:31 PM
wewanaplay
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actualy, just some 1/2 way decent replacements give a pretty good ride. Gas (nitrogen I think) seems to be a favorite around my area. I recently replaced the 2 front ones on my 2wd with the cheapest thing O'rileys had ( was on a serious budget and had to replace the old ones since I had just replaced everything else under there) and they ride pretty good (hell, my wife doesn't even complain and that's sayin a lot). They are either gabriels or monroe, I can't remember since they will be getting replaced again soon anyway. The more expensive Bilstiens, KYB's, and other performance shocks tend to ride a bit rougher since they are generaly set to be stiffer for performance applications. hope this helps.

Quick Reply: another shock question??